• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing myself here for the first time!

imanerd

V.I.P Member
People seem to not be on in the shoutbox, so for a more static message, I hope it's okay I'm posting here.

My name is Kyle. I have had Asperger's since I've been 5. After an incident on IGN with bullies, my former high school teacher (since I'm now in college, age 19), had told me of this place: I'm not a new aspie. I was diagnosed when I was 5. I am focused on military history and computer tweaking. Also I love subjunctive verbs and the proper usage of collective nouns vs. plural. So I'm new, I'm introducing myself. Oh and I also have ADHD as well. I love to write...I love gaming too. Oh one more thing I promise: I do not feel like an outsider. I've long ago since been proud of my Aspergers' diagnosis, and I talk about it quite often, and it is the source of a lot of my writing - that's another thing:

That's most of it.

Hello,
Welcome to a place where you might feel like you belong. Something many of us had not known before.
I too have a special interest in writing, and like to read that of others. Perhaps we shall have occasion to match wits or share tales. ,
Good Luck to you,

Peace

Welcome here. I used to write quite a lot but not so much lately. It's always nice to meet a fellow writer though, even if I'm not really an active one anymore. It's great you're proud of yourself, that's the way to go imo (without getting overly arrogant of course). I sometimes still struggle with the fact I'm different from others. I hope you like it here :).

Oh I can be arrogant at times, but I'm becoming better. And thanks both of you for the welcome.

Mythology - another one of my favorites by the way. I'm also a recognized tester and extension developer for Maxthon, as well as, in a few days, I'm going to also be their wiki's co-webmaster - that's another thing about me: I was afraid to say that originally, in fear it might come across as advertising, but I hope it doesn't, this time, sorry.

I am as well - my cat's goofy too. She's my sweetheart.
I also love Orangutans, but sadly I can't have one as a pet.

Awwwwwwwwww!!!! My Shanna's a treasure too.

Orangutans are so beautiful! I could never have one as a pet considering I live in an apartment - first it would never be allowed and second it could never live peacefully with my cat because she would go ballistic!!!

yes I do, thanks for asking. I am not, however, a social networking person. The most I do is Youtube, MyOpera, maybe a bit of Reddit, Wordpress, and perhaps some google+.

Forums are not what I view as social networks, at least not in the connotative sense; only in the denotative sense. Emails I consider the same way. Same with online gaming and X-box live. So I do those.

D'Oh! I don't take things quite so literally any more as others with AS, so I didn't ask that question very well! Would you mind sharing the URL to your blog please?

New Threads

Top Bottom