• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i'm flying to California and nervous

RooRoo

V.I.P Member
In march i will be flying all the way to California so i can visit my best friend. I am a little nervous because i have only flown once and this will be my first time flying alone does anyone have any suggestions?

I love flying. I think I've flown near 20 times all in all. When I was younger we always took the boat or Eurostar but now we always take the plane. Except at Easter with the ash cloud, where we came back by tge 'Star... :)
If you're not flying above the sea then it should be okay? And even if not. Gosh I don't want to worry you if you are actually going over the sea! I love the weird acclimatising feeling as it goes up. I even like air turbulence. When you're in mid flight you can't feel anything, you might as well just be on the ground.
Might as well fly as much as you can before we can't anymore!!

its not the flying part i'm worried about its when i have to change planes i have no idea what i am doing! and no i do not have to fly over the ocean but it will be a 6 hour plane ride for me.

Do you get lost easily? I do. I don't really know how things all work at an airport, but I'm sure it isn't confusing to transfer to a new plane.

um not really i'm better at directions than my best friend who is not an apsie... i guess its just the crowd and the rush .. but im going with a friend so im sure she and i can help eachother and if we have to we will just ask for help if we need it.

I can't offer much advice since I haven't flown since I was 6 years old! :p Back then it wasn't an issue, but now I have more of an understanding of life.. or rather what can go wrong with it, I think I may be a little more up-tight when it comes to it. That being said, I really want to move to California one day, so if I was on the plane there from England, the thought of not having to come back will probably ease my fears. So my tip - focus on the fact that you'll be seeing you're best friend and try not to let things get to you - as for finding your way around airports, don't be afraid to ask a member of staff where to go if need be, it's their job. :) Good luck.

I can't offer much advice since I haven't flown since I was 6 years old! :p Back then it wasn't an issue, but now I have more of an understanding of life.. or rather what can go wrong with it, I think I may be a little more up-tight when it comes to it. That being said, I really want to move to California one day, so if I was on the plane there from England, the thought of not having to come back will probably ease my fears. So my tip - focus on the fact that you'll be seeing you're best friend and try not to let things get to you - as for finding your way around airports, don't be afraid to ask a member of staff where to go if need be, it's their job. :) Good luck.

thank you! and you bet nothing will stop me from seeing my best friend it will be the last time for a while before i can see him again he will be going over seas to fight in the war my best friend alex is my hero a marine!

37180_1692692314994_1168350006_1975439_5522400_n.jpg

that's my best friend Alex bad picture but i was tired of walking so he carried me lol and i thinking im laughing at someone or maybe someone had said something funny!

That's a lovely picture! :)

And don't worry about changing planes, there's not that much to it. It's all signposted and people will help you.

well y sister and my cousin dont want me to go so mom dosent want me to go now she thinks something will go wrong and i will panic ...this stinks so much for what i want to do..

well y sister and my cousin dont want me to go so mom dosent want me to go now she thinks something will go wrong and i will panic ...this stinks so much for what i want to do..

It's happening in March right, that's a long time from now. You will have plenty of time to be nervous Sarah :). It will help to have things you enjoy to distract you (and support of whoever you are going with). Is your mom lways very protective? I think she will know you can handle things and will get through...

-sean-

In August my wife and I flew from here in Las Vegas to New Jersey to visit my family. We had to do a layover and switch planes both ways, first in St Louis on the way there and then in Denver on the way back. It's pretty easy, you are already in the area where the gates are and don't have to go through security again. Also, if you check your bags in, they automatically transfer them to your next plane. All you have to do is find out what gate your next flight is heading out of, and you're good to go. I have flown by myself before too and it's not too bad. I actually have enjoyed all the flights I've taken for the most part. The take-offs and the landings are what I actually enjoy the most.

im pretty sure im not going now but my friend will be home at the end of march to visit which works out i guess.

im pretty sure im not going now but my friend will be home at the end of march to visit which works out i guess.

Awww that's not good Sarah. Even if you get to see your friend by him visiting you, then you still lose what you antiicpated. The experience and fun that went with it. If you still want to go you should probably convey that to your mom and let her know that it is somehting that will help you grow as a person and that you can do it. Something tells me that just having your friend visit is not exactly as enticing to you when compared with what you were planning on doing before...

/sean/

New Threads

Top Bottom