• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you had the chance to meet Hans Asperger, would you?

I was called ''psychopath'' from my mother since 1 year old.
I would say to him: thanks for labeling me as evil and giving excuse to abusers to torture me.
: ( Sorry to hear that... people have been calling me a sociopath/psychopath for as long as I remember. I hope it doesn't upset you.

why would that upset me?
I don't know about you, but be labelled as a sociopath always hurt me. Other kids calling me that always heightened my feelings of isolation, social inadequacy, and "different-ness". Maybe you don't feel the same way about it. Maybe I'm just extra sensitive to being called a sociopath because the other kids often label me with it in a direct attack to my "special interest/obsession" of the forensic sciences. Anyway, I'm glad it doesn't make you upset. Have a good day!

No, you are right, i am sorry i didn't understand what you meant in the previous post. Of course it is hurtful and upsetting and i am sorry you have been trhrough that too.

YES, SURE THING.

I would have told him NOT TO name it such a messed up name. ASPERGERS is an awful name, autism,etc. like what the feck?.

its like his surname ASPERGERS was on puropse/fake second name because ASPERGERS has to be the worst ever name for a condition.

the other thing is, when the shrinks see a person with ASPERGERS, that they make the person with asd, they change their brain so they are more socialable,etc. no point of a shrink trying to shrink your brain and become more isolated,etc.

the question is, are we all one? yes we are.

hi all,
my name is Bill and i have autism.

I have had trouble with my last name too. Others made fun of my last name in school. I pronounced it "stir-bank" like many other Anglo-Canadians did at the time, but it led to other students making fun of it, like "I'm stirring the bank", etc. I remember one elementary school boy joking around me calling me, "Robbie the rubber man! Playing in the garbage can!"

At the time I did not take him seriously, as he was basically a comic, a clown. But as you see European last names that sound unfortunate, there is one hockey player that has a really unfortunate-sounding last name - you might know his name, as he is probably one of the best players in the NHL. He plays for the Boston Bruins. At times the back of his jersey is seen on TV. He comes from the Czech republic I believe. What his name in Czech means, I do not know.
But I tried to get a meaning for "Asperger" but I got no translation.

Last edited:
The parents of the girl found out about a dolphin-therapy program for autistic children. However, many psychologists and psychiatrists saw this expensive program as a fraud or scam. This seems to me a prime example of prejudice against psychodynamic-type programs, such as this one.
its mainly because it doesn't have much scientific evidence that it is a cure and also to do with the ethics of captivity. heres a good link to read The case against Dolphin Assisted Therapy - WDC

I would if I could I might tell the successes of my family members like my great great grandfather Joseph Soler and how he pioneered Spanish wine in New Zealand.

its mainly because it doesn't have much scientific evidence that it is a cure and also to do with the ethics of captivity. heres a good link to read The case against Dolphin Assisted Therapy - WDC

Thanks for the article.

No publicized animal-assisted therapy is worth the pain and suffering of the animals involved. Since no scientific evidence for long-term benefit exists, DAT is a shady practice at best.

Thanks for the article.

No publicized animal-assisted therapy is worth the pain and suffering of the animals involved. Since no scientific evidence for long-term benefit exists, DAT is a shady practice at best.
if fine if it uses pets who would want homes but if its dolphins that should stop if you've read more of my posts you would see I'm interested in on dolphin activism lately.

YES, SURE THING.

I would have told him NOT TO name it such a messed up name. ASPERGERS is an awful name, autism,etc. like what the feck?.

its like his surname ASPERGERS was on puropse/fake second name because ASPERGERS has to be the worst ever name for a condition.

the other thing is, when the shrinks see a person with ASPERGERS, that they make the person with asd, they change their brain so they are more socialable,etc. no point of a shrink trying to shrink your brain and become more isolated,etc.

hi all,

Actually, it matches the condition from language research in Latin, High German, and old French: in brief, asperges, to cleanse roughly.
What we do, in a nutshell. It's interesting that the man who named it himself has a name belonging to the same etymological root.

YES, SURE THING.

hi all,

I can agree with you, but many European surnames are difficult. For example, my father's Slovenian property has nearby a stone marker that indicates the name of a land baron of German or Austrian ethnicity. The baron lived during the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the centuries before World War I.
It is engraved by a letter "A" which is the first letter in the surname of the land baron, AUSPERG.

AUSPERG is similar to the name ASPERGER.
So there is no doubt that ASPERGER was the doctor's real name and not a fake last name. When I was growing up in school I wished I could change my last name, STERBENC, as it was the subject of much ridicule too. It turns out that it has a surprising German/Austrian history too!
But my father speaks Slovenian. Many words in Slovenian are borrowed from German, because of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and occupation by Nazi forces in WWII.

A notable Slovakian NHL hockey player has the last name SATAN. Miroslav Satan (pronounced sha-tan) was one of the best hockey players from Europe who played for the NHL for many years prior to his retirement. I wonder how it was growing up, and how he was teased here in North America? I saw a Google sports article entitled "Does Satan play ice hockey?" I guess he laughs it off as a compliment to his great hockey skills!

And many Ukrainian and Polish last names are incredibly difficult to pronounce. In Canada we have a very notable Liberal MP living in the Toronto area, named Borys
Wrzesnewskyj
. Anyone's guess on how to pronounce his last name? However I heard it pronounced "she-nev-sky" or something like that.

Unfortunately we cannot tell anyone to change their name, as it was part of their heritage. I had seen on television that Hitler's children are very much against their father's record but they still carry the bitter stigma of their father's hideous record.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Actually, it matches the condition from language research in Latin, High German, and old French: in brief, asperges, to cleanse roughly.
What we do, in a nutshell. It's interesting that the man who named it himself has a name belonging to the same etymological root.

Thanks for you informative post too. I could not get a meaning for the surname Asperger when I tried to get a translation from German to English. Your research in this case is valuable!

I can agree with you, but many European surnames are difficult. For example, my father's Slovenian property has nearby a stone marker that indicates the name of a land baron of German or Austrian ethnicity. The baron lived during the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the centuries before World War I.
It is engraved by a letter "A" which is the first letter in the surname of the land baron, AUSPERG.

AUSPERG is similar to the name ASPERGER.
So there is no doubt that ASPERGER was the doctor's real name and not a fake last name. When I was growing up in school I wished I could change my last name, STERBENC, as it was the subject of much ridicule too. It turns out that it has a surprising German/Austrian history too!
But my father speaks Slovenian. Many words in Slovenian are borrowed from German, because of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and occupation by Nazi forces in WWII.

A notable Slovakian NHL hockey player has the last name SATAN. Miroslav Satan (pronounced sha-tan) was one of the best hockey players from Europe who played for the NHL for many years prior to his retirement. I wonder how it was growing up, and how he was teased here in North America? I saw a Google sports article entitled "Does Satan play ice hockey?" I guess he laughs it off as a compliment to his great hockey skills!

And many Ukrainian and Polish last names are incredibly difficult to pronounce. In Canada we have a very notable Liberal MP living in the Toronto area, named Borys
Wrzesnewskyj
. Anyone's guess on how to pronounce his last name? However I heard it pronounced "she-nev-sky" or something like that.

Unfortunately we cannot tell anyone to change their name, as it was part of their heritage. I had seen on television that Hitler's children are very much against their father's record but they still carry the bitter stigma of their father's hideous record.

Hope this helps.

To add, Satan played for the Devils! :)

I love name etymology!

Here's the page for Asperger from House of Names. Apparently it's Dutch.

Asperger Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History

As I understand it, Asperger was not a Behaviorist. But since then, somehow medication and Behavior Modification fraudulently became the only recognized treatment for Asperger's Syndrome.
Because Allopathic Medicine has a monopoly on all things relating to human biology. Doctors decide what constitutes disease, who may treat it and how, and any contrary voices are crushed under the weight of dogma and legal prosecution. It doesn't matter that the whole profession can be traced back, in a direct line, to its roots of fraudulent practitioners of the 16th and 17th centuries (and has never strayed far from those roots).

Thanks - it will be interesting to see what results "Sterbenc" gives me!

New Threads

Top Bottom