• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I survived a trip to a major amusement park this weekend !

disconnected

V.I.P Member
I took my 11 year old daughter to a large amusement park this Saturday. I survived without incident. I was mentally prepared and really tried to stay calm. I felt ok. I deal with a DX of level 1 Autism, GAD and SAD , so this was a big deal for me.

Good work. Advance mental prep does help. The military uses the technique. Think thru issues in advance and your responses, and when you are there you don't have to try and figure things out on the fly. At least mostly. ;)

The person I live with likes amusement parks.
I don't have much interest in them, but, he wants me to go with him.
I'm always glad when I've made it through the day then I can rest.
Sometimes it seems overwhelming, but, I've learned to sit down and zone out a bit sometimes
if I start feeling anxious or sensory overwhelmed.

He can keep the rides. Don't enjoy coasters and such at all.

big yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for you

New Threads

Top Bottom