• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Humor Fails...

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
"Death is easy. Comedy is hard." -Edmund Gwenn (on his deathbed, 1959)
"Boy, when you die at the Palace, you really die at the Palace...!" -Comicus; History of the World, Part I (1981)

Too often, I will have a thought that I consider to be funny, but when I try it out, it goes over like a lead balloon. I started this thread for us to share such humor faux pas (but please keep it PG-13).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my sons had to do a multimedia presentation about WWII in high school. He chose the paratroopers at Normandy. He liked my suggestion for musical accompaniment for his historical footage of their deployment, but it didn't sit well with his teacher or the rest of the class.

My suggestion? It's Raining Men...!
oops.gif

Last edited:
I was touring a nearby paper mill as part of a job interview. While in the basement, I noticed a darkened office which had a sign posted, "Welcome to the Dark Side."

I asked, "What is this place?"

"At one time, our instrumentation techs (my field) and our electricians used to maintain a friendly rivalry, and two separate shops. This was the electricians' shop."

Noting all of the emphasis on darkness, I quipped, "They must not have been very good electricians...
lightbulb.gif
"
rimshot.gif

(I did not get a return engagement...)
Dunno-smiley.gif

Humor applied to complete strangers when you're perceived as the "new guy" ?

Epic fail. No matter how funny you actually are. In their case, humor exhibited as a potentially probationary employee may have come as a complete shock to them.

Reminds me of when I applied for a job at a zoo working in their aviary. Apparently some of my comments ruffled a few feathers. Go figure. Rim shot, anyone? :p

Job interviews. Even funnier when they expect you to project confidence while kowtowing to the martinet who is interviewing you. :confused:

Last edited:
Hahaha! Our company was "sold" to another company, so here I was doing the same job I have always been doing, but for a new boss. I noticed a TON of typos and errors in the new company paper-work (errors that are common and easy to make, like writing 147 instead of 174, etc), diligently fixed them all, then joked to my new boss about him being a closet dyslexic.

He just got very quiet, and walked away.

Oh oh!

Humor applied to complete strangers when you're perceived as the "new guy" ?

Epic fail. No matter how funny you actually are. In their case, humor exhibited as a potentially probationary employee may have come as a complete shock to them.
Over the years, I've learned to give just a glimpse of my "real" self in order to test the waters on what to expect if I actually worked there. I can rope it in, but I'm not very good at keeping the closet door completely shut.
nerd.gif

Last edited:
The again there are worse places to work I suppose. With far less humor.

or

Last edited:
The again there are worse places to work I suppose. With far less humor.

That reminds me of an [old] joke.

"I've got some good news and some bad news."
"What's the good news?"
"Double rations today for everybody!" (the crew cheers)
"What's the bad news?"
"The captain wants to go water-skiing..."

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom