• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How old are you?

I am 30, and really wish that counted for something.
Frankly, I'm not much further ahead than I was at 18.:(

Luna, I'm turning 40 in September. As you know I love the Harry Potter books and they are "supposed to" be for young adults. Not sure what I'm saying... Just that I don't feel like the person I expected to at 40!!! :D

Sometimes I'm a responsibility-shirking child, sometimes I'm a wizened sage, heehee. :) I sure look wizened.

As lots of people have said, on the forum everybody sounds pretty much the same age. Without our physical selves to awaken any prejudices we may have, we are all equal and free to befriend any and all, if we feel a connection. :)

In real life I tend to feel comfortable talking to people older than myself. They tend to be most interested in my favourite topics (birds, plants, gardening, science, craft). I have trouble talking face to face with people whom I think are much younger than me, when I judge by their appearance. Because I don't know what they expect of me... It's scary! On here I can very comfortably talk to you, especially if you want to talk HP. :)

Sorry if this is a rambling reply to a simple question. o_O

Further to what I just said above, on AC I'm able to connect with people (such as yourself) whom I would probably not face to face because of my fear of meeting strangers. So my prejudices (such as my belief that I don't know how to talk to young people) mean that if we met face to face it is unlikely I would've learnt that we share a love of HP books. Sad, but true. At least I can blame it on ASD.

Overexplaining again, but I have to make sure I'm understood. :D

I'm 32.. 33 in a few weeks... I also keep forgetting. . Ever since I turned 30 I've lost track! I have a couple of good friends, one is in her late 40's. I have always got on better with people older than me.

I am beyond the customary age for Prom, but if I had the chance again... :D

:D
11822327_434861630051355_4958043137209985603_n.jpg

Last edited:
In the cosmic sense, I have only occupied the briefest speck of time, less then the time it takes a Proton to cough on our horizon.

I hope it covered whatever it uses as a mouth.

But to answer your question, 57 of your earth years.

;)

my morals are comparable to a nun, my mindset is that of an 80yr old, i've always looked years younger than i really am but felt many years older and i've been around for a very unimpressive 31yrs

New Threads

Top Bottom