• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you see the world in your eyes?

Hardly, a lot of places have their own distinct, intricate atmosphere. If anything, it's weird that the world is like that. But what does it really mean to be "weird"? Really?

I guess you're right. I do have a suspicion that I feel the differences more strongly than other people do, though. Things like unfamiliar smells in an otherwise familiar place (like my own house) can make that place feel different to me.

I see a huge contrast between resources people use, how people are and what they've done. I carry strong interest in first and latter mentioned.
In between there're abandoned places and distrust everywhere. Chances left unfill because of assumptions or fear of judgement by those, who really don't have relevant reason to do so. Such a waste. There can be beauty in moments, but it's not thanks to us, mostly.

I often view the world as my forbidden fruit, I want to experience life..not just exist. I fear it will eventually become a missed opportunity. I'm only 25 but time seems to gain speed each year. It often looks like a land filled with opportunity, great treasures, and excitement, yet I find myself disappointed each time I venture out. I compare it to visiting an amazingly beautiful country and not having the slightest idea of the native language. No contacts to speak of or companions to rely on. The world taunts me with its riches and the society within this world safeguards it for eternity, if only they had a Rosetta Stone for someone like me (lol)

I don't know... The way it's supposed to be... Thinking that it could have been better or worse is illogical to me, I mean I can fantasize about something different but that's all it is: my fantasy. It is... That's it :) as for my perception of it... It's always based on who we are, who I am, so I know it's interchangeable... Current perception... And I guess pretty much constant perception: I have a limited amount of time before I leave, transform, non-exist in a current form... So I need to use resources I have to make the most of this life thing :)

I often view the world as my forbidden fruit, I want to experience life..not just exist. I fear it will eventually become a missed opportunity. I'm only 25 but time seems to gain speed each year. It often looks like a land filled with opportunity, great treasures, and excitement, yet I find myself disappointed each time I venture out. I compare it to visiting an amazingly beautiful country and not having the slightest idea of the native language. No contacts to speak of or companions to rely on. The world taunts me with its riches and the society within this world safeguards it for eternity, if only they had a Rosetta Stone for someone like me (lol)

I have a similar view. Some things seem so easy and accessible upon causal consideration, when in fact they're not, like getting a job. With so much choice, so many possibilities, any decision will really seem unsatisfying.

I always try to just choose something, anything, as long as it's reasonable. It might not be the best - you can't always be certain of what's the best without having actually tried anything - but at least it's something. If you spend too much time choosing, all your options will disappear, so just take one before it's too late. That's what I say.

I can recall telling my mother that I wished I had never been born while I was still in grade school. She went off on a religious rant about not being grateful to God for the life He gave me. I am now 69 and still feel very strongly that if I had been given the choice, I would have chosen not to be born. I am an alien in a hostile environment for many reasons; largely because I have always been fat, have AS and also Prosopagnosia (lay term is faceblind), have never been in the greatest health and rarely feel comfortable even when I am alone because I have constant thoughts of previous severe social discomfort. I hope when I die I don't experience any kind of afterlife or reincarnation. No Heaven, Hell or any kind of consciousness. Please, let it be over. I do find this planet to be incredibly interesting and beautiful and wish I could experience it without any other people ever having existed here. I realize I wouldn't survive very long alone on this earth. Still, I would like to see just flora and fauna without any human influence. Since my only real awareness of Earth is for the past 69 years I guess I would like to view it during this time period and with no previous history of human presence. Just had a thought--the world as it is right now is hugely influenced by the fact that people HAVE been here for a while :)

I see the world (or universe really) as a giant grid of cause and effect. Everything that happens has the possibility of affecting everything else. We (humans) are on the grid, plants, animals, planets, galaxies, etc. I see it that on this grid we have the possibility of attracting certain things to us by intention or interest, just by putting it out on the grid. I've had this view for a few years now and I still think its true for me.

I can recall telling my mother that I wished I had never been born while I was still in grade school. She went off on a religious rant about not being grateful to God for the life He gave me. I am now 69 and still feel very strongly that if I had been given the choice, I would have chosen not to be born. I am an alien in a hostile environment for many reasons; largely because I have always been fat, have AS and also Prosopagnosia (lay term is faceblind), have never been in the greatest health and rarely feel comfortable even when I am alone because I have constant thoughts of previous severe social discomfort. I hope when I die I don't experience any kind of afterlife or reincarnation. No Heaven, Hell or any kind of consciousness. Please, let it be over. I do find this planet to be incredibly interesting and beautiful and wish I could experience it without any other people ever having existed here. I realize I wouldn't survive very long alone on this earth. Still, I would like to see just flora and fauna without any human influence. Since my only real awareness of Earth is for the past 69 years I guess I would like to view it during this time period and with no previous history of human presence. Just had a thought--the world as it is right now is hugely influenced by the fact that people HAVE been here for a while :)

I really feel for you Aspieistj (good to have you on the forum, by the way), but I don't think death is the only way to escape the all-pervading presence of humans. As greedy as we've become, there are still some land areas that remain untouched. A visit to one of those might change your mind.

Living in the modern world is extremely complicated because we know so much, yet so little. Every discovery seems to raise more questions, for the people who are curious enough to seek them out. The rest of us seem to want certainty, even if we have to forcingly forge it out of so much uncertainty. Human beings really do need to feel like they know everything. Even though centuries ago our knowledge of the world was so much less than what it is now, people were just as assured that they knew and understood everything about the universe.

So, I think the world is a place that hides different mysteries to different living organisms. Dolphins don't understand negative reinforcement, only positive. We don't understand why rhinos engage socially in the middle of the night, or what emotions a tree experiences in autumn. But if we could all bring our individual knowledge together - our world would be a very boring place.

Sinister, chaotic, and generally full of death, violence, and rebirth- yet incredibly serene and beautiful if you know where to look.

I see the world as a place of "maintenance". We as human beings have the power to progress humanity to new heights in all aspects but choose not to. It also seems like everyone knows the "truth" but doesn't want to say anything instead keep quiet and go on with their daily monotonous lifestyle. We are living amongst sheeps.

The world is fine, us on the other hand humans, all creatures in fact I see as aggressive micro organisms or much like cancer destroying its environment with impunity only accepting itself and unwilling to see the damage it courses as a problem.

How do I see the world through my eyes ?

Well it has to do with photons of light striking receptor cell within the interior of the eye. This causes a photochemical reaction which is transduced through the neural system as a series of action potentials.

I see MY world as a very, very interesting place. Of course I live in my own world.

I imagine I see the world through the eyes of a non-human animal. I get tense, overwhelmed and develop tunnel vision when in crowded stores (my fight-or-flight kicks in) and my vision is very motion-based, so the smallest movement catches my attention (such as an insect crawling along several yards away).
In my mind's eye, I remember things in images, much like an animal. For instance, I remember prices of grocery items by picturing shelf tags, or whether we need an item by picturing the pantry and the things in it.

I see the world (and the universe in general) as an unfathomable phenomena which casts shadows upon our consciousnesses. The outside world effects our perceptions, but all we can ever hope for is a pale and distorted view of the universe as it is.

More specifically; I see the world as miraculous. Not in the religious sense, but in the sense that an inanimate accretion of space dust could give rise to such incredible complexity. It amazes me to think how all life on this planet is connected, both through common ancestry and dynamically changing networks of interactions. Look at humanity with its global communication networks, shipping routs, city infrastructures, arts, culture, language, and yet we are just masses of cells, none of which know what their purpose is, and yet they give rise not just to cohesive functioning organisms, but consciousness itself! And each one of these cells is a world of it's own, performing complex chemical reactions and altering its one structure in the blink of an eye.

I often wonder if other networks, such as societies, or ecosystems might have a sort of consciousness, or if one day we will all evolve into a global superorganism and seed the stars.

The world is truly a marvelous place, and I wish I were cogent enough to adequately express what I am getting at.

The Earth is a truly beautiful place and I see wonder in every moment of nature.

Humanity though, as a whole, can fill me with despair. The greed and ignorance that fosters war, famine and hate, in a world that can more than feed the people, brings me to my knees. Yes, there are those who shine in the darkness, but the madness of humanity runs unabated.

I see the world as a stranger in a strange land.

New Threads

Top Bottom