• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you really feel about Feminism

Hurting89

Honestly there is a lot of negativity towards it these days, more negativity than I've ever seen before. I'm not going to lie, there are things within the feminist movement that are mishandled or should be eliminated but there is a reason why it exists and still needs to exist.

I would like to hear your opinions.

Honestly there is a lot of negativity towards it these days, more negativity than I've ever seen before. I'm not going to lie, there are things within the feminist movement that are mishandled or should be eliminated but there is a reason why it exists and still needs to exist.

I would like to hear your opinions.
I will probably receive negative comments, but I am old-fashioned. Of course, I believe women should get paid equally as men. However, I believe men are to be head of household and women ought to stand by their man...through thick and thin. I think women should be home raising their children while their husbands go out and work. Women ought to be respected and appreciated for their housework and the love they show to their husbands.

Although people think I'm very open-minded, but I find myself very conservative.
Of course women should get paid equally as men, I don't think there is a must for going out to work or staying at home.
Some women are born to take care children, and some women are born to work, vice versa, men can be a very brilliant child carer too, everyone is unique and different.
There are men who think women should go out to work and become economic independent, that being said, don't use their money when you want equality between genders.
To me, this idea is unbelievably mean and ridiculous. I appreciate equality(e.g. discuss together before making a decision, especially a big one), but I can't accept gentlemen become "ungentlemen" and I won't allow myself to become a manipulative creep either.

Last edited:
I'm a conservative but I also consider myself a feminist. I agree with Lena; some women might want to stay home and have kids, and that's fine, while other women might want to have a career, and that's also fine. And I'm sure there are women who can do both at the same time.
I never thought about feminism much until I realized how much I was being harassed at work. Women are people, and they should be treated with as much respect as men are in any setting; gender-related condescension, harassment, catcalling, rape, etc. are completely unacceptable no matter what.

I think the word "feminism" is used to mean different things. As a single adult woman, I recognize that women like me are able to fairly easily get educations, choose what type of job/career to have, support ourselves, and be considered normal members of society largely because of the work of past feminists.

I think that some people think that feminism is about hating men. While there might be some women who are feminists who do hate men, I don't think such hatred is what feminism is actually about.

It was a well meaning and much needed movement for change when it started and for the most part accomplished everything it set out to do. The feminism today, or more likely the feminism we see widespread on the internet has highjacked the movements name to spread stupidity and hatred. The entire SJW and internet slacktivism crowd is a petty joke that past feminists would be ashamed of. That's why the people who wanted equality started calling themselves egalitarians instead.

I will probably receive negative comments, but I am old-fashioned. Of course, I believe women should get paid equally as men. However, I believe men are to be head of household and women ought to stand by their man...through thick and thin. I think women should be home raising their children while their husbands go out and work. Women ought to be respected and appreciated for their housework and the love they show to their husbands.

Being a old person, I am old fashion too. Your description of a old fashion family is pretty much how it was for my wife and I. However, in todays economy it is quite often necessary for both the husband and wife to work. This is particularly true if there are several children. I know of a couple who are in this situation and both have full time jobs. He considers himself old fashion and see's housework as "woman's work", so he does not do any housework. So his wife, who has a full time job, has to do all of the housework except for what help she gets from the kids. This is not equality and is not right.

Although people think I'm very open-minded, but I find myself very conservative.
Of course women should get paid equally as men, I don't think there is a must for going out to work or staying at home.
Some women are born to take care children, and some women are born to work, vice versa, men can be a very brilliant child carer too, everyone is unique and different.
There are men who think women should go out to work and become economic independent, that being said, don't use their money when you want equality between genders.
To me, this idea is unbelievably mean and ridiculous. I appreciate equality(e.g. discuss together before making a decision, especially a big one), but I can't accept gentlemen become "ungentlemen" and I won't allow myself to become a dominant "b**tch" either.
Well said!

Fanatics and looney tunes took over the feminist movement long ago as a way to air their petty grievances with men. It's gone way beyond equality for women to a point where men can no longer behave like men without some kind of backlash.

These feminists try to control women with their rhetoric just as surely as they claim men try to control women. For instance, how many stay-at-home moms nowadays would feel a little uncomfortable in a group of working women? Hasn't feminism itself devalued raising a family as a productive use of a woman's time?

Men and women are different, and people are different. Besides extending equal opportunities and providing for equal pay for the same work, I frankly see no need for a feminist movement anymore. Never really did actually.

Feminists have kept decidedly silent on the injustices towards women found in foreign cultures, so I see them as unfairly singling out American, European and other men of Western culture as targets for their increasingly ridiculous complaints. This is unacceptable as I see it, and I will never embrace such a movement.

I'm inclined to believe that most anything with moderation can be potentially beneficial.

Conversely that most anything taken to an extreme is likely to be negative.

Fanatics and looney tunes took over the feminist movement long ago as a way to air their petty grievances with men. It's gone way beyond equality for women to a point where men can no longer behave like men without some kind of backlash.

These feminists try to control women with their rhetoric just as surely as they claim men try to control women. For instance, how many stay-at-home moms nowadays would feel a little uncomfortable in a group of working women? Hasn't feminism itself devalued raising a family as a productive use of a woman's time?

Men and women are different, and people are different. Besides extending equal opportunities and providing for equal pay for the same work, I frankly see no need for a feminist movement anymore. Never really did actually.

Feminists have kept decidedly silent on the injustices towards women found in foreign cultures, so I see them as unfairly singling out American, European and other men of Western culture as targets for their increasingly ridiculous complaints. This is unacceptable as I see it, and I will never embrace such a movement.

The insanity of women like Chanty Binx (or "big red" as they call her") and the "man hating" aspect taint the movement. This is what I mean when I say "these things need to go.

But there are issues today that need to be resolved. Regardless of what people will say, rape is still a big problem and so is "police denial" of sexual assault.

The insanity of women like Chanty Binx (or "big red" as they call her") and the "man hating" aspect taint the movement. This is what I mean when I say "these things need to go.

But there are issues today that need to be resolved. Regardless of what people will say, rape is still a big problem and so is "police denial" of sexual assault.

I tend to feel the same way about "sane" feminists as I do about moderate Muslims ... if they are indeed against the insanity of their own who take things too far, they should be vocal in denouncing such fanaticism. Otherwise, they should be prepared that their entire ideology will be blamed for the behavior of a few.

Also, I'm not convinced that rape and sexual assault are issues that need to be addressed by feminism. I think most men would agree that when a woman says no, she means "No." I don't believe this is a problem with men in general in Western society. It may be a problem with our growing culture of disrespect between human beings, but not towards women specifically. Law enforcement has a lot of problems of its own, and that is due to a prevailing culture within the system, also not a phenomenon related specifically to women.

Last edited:
When I was married,my wife and I agreed that each of us would have specific tasks in our home,much like traditional family roles in the past. There was nothing in our agreement that said neither of us could take on the others tasks when necessary.

Feminism doesnt care about men, demonize em even and laugh about male suicide and when males are victims of domestic violence by women told to man up, enforcing the toxic masulinity sworn to go against.

To me it means female domination of the world including the desire for eradication of men. Babies can now be engineered and raised by one or more women.

My ex said it meant nothing more than female choice. But the true colors came out later on.

I don't like the thought of female domination or male domination. I think both should have equal opportunities. Granted there will naturally be things that each prefers and is better at, but let it happen by choice, not by disrespecting the other.

To me, feminism is about equality and equal opportunities regardless of gender. I don’t condone discrimination against men, that defeats the purpose of feminism in my book.

The loopy feminists are duper duper loopy. The loudest, weirdest ones will get the most air time. It's always the way.

I'm glad that I have the choices that my grandparents didn't.

I don't think that some things are men's work and some things are women's work. I work in a male dominated industry. If values are too rigid women like me can't be ourselves.

I believe in both men and women standing by their spouse, but... some people take that too far and think it means they should stay with an unfaithful or abusive partner because "It's the right thing to do" and they waste their lives on somebody who doesn't deserve it at all.

I tend to feel the same way about "sane" feminists as I do about moderate Muslims ... if they are indeed against the insanity of their own who take things too far, they should be vocal in denouncing such fanaticism. Otherwise, they should be prepared that their entire ideology will be blamed for the behavior of a few.

Also, I'm not convinced that rape and sexual assault are issues that need to be addressed by feminism. I think most men would agree that when a woman says no, she means "No." I don't believe this is a problem with men in general in Western society. It may be a problem with our growing culture of disrespect between human beings, but not towards women specifically. Law enforcement has a lot of problems of its own, and that is due to a prevailing culture within the system, also not a phenomenon related specifically to women.

Rape doesn't occur because men don't understand that no means no. It occurs when men don't care when a woman says no. One out of every six women is the victim of an attempted or completed rape. Repeat: one out of every six women. I'd say that's a HUGE problem that needs to be addressed not only by feminists but by men and women in general. If you ever become one of the unlucky one in six, I imagine your perspective on this problem will change big time.

How do I feel about feminism? That this word should not even exist - people are people!! Sometimes people talk about male and female as if they were a different species.

New Threads

Top Bottom