• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you personally pronounce 'Asperger'?

SORRY! I just had to do this.
1469135542942.png

aspergersdonkeyblk_square_sticker_3_x_3.jpg

Ass_Burger.gif~c200

Last edited:
Sience we're on the subject of how to pronounce the word. Here is a "British" video of them getting it wrong then. BTW: it's at the last few second of the video.

This is something I'm genuinely curious about as I hear some people pronounce it (most often as an insult) as if the 'p' is a 'b' so it sounds like Ass-Burger, while in other places you're supposed to pronounce the word with a 'hard G'.

For me, I pronounce it as "A-Spur-Jer". What about you guys?
I also prefer to pronounce it As-Pur-Jer
Sometimes Asperger's with a hard P

Anglicizing foreign words and names usually amounts to butchery IMO, no matter what side of the pond- or the world one is on.

Could be worse. Note how a bored bureaucrat changes Vito Andolini's name. :rolleyes:

A$$ Burgers! Gah! I hate that feckin' word! It was used on me by clueless Americans on wrestling forums when I was first diagnosed.
I honestly don't think ignorance has geographical boundaries,it could quite possibly be that it exists in the arena you have entered in to do battle ;)

I say it with the hard G and the reason why, is because it is a sirname of a German man and thus, it is respectful to that language.

The way it's supposed to be pronounced: as-pur-gurs or as-pur-jurs.

While we're on the subject, I'll take my assburgers well cooked with a few slices of bacon and American cheddar.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject, I'll take my assburgers well cooked with a few slices of bacon and American cheddar.

When I first mentioned my suspicion to a fellow gaming friend who might also be on the spectrum, I got a similar response to above... :)

Asperger with a hard G because Germanic is just how I roll. Plus it’s the correct pronunciation, and correctness is what I’m all about ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom