• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you normally dress?

It's getting warmer. Another month or so and I'll be showing up for work in my underwear.

Nobody seems to mind though...including the boss. :p

There still plenty of Cowboys around I don't know if I would use traditional to describe a Cowboy in the sense that the nature of their work is constantly evolving. What Cowboys were/are young mostly single men from all walks of life that took dangerous,lowpaying,isolationing, difficult jobs moving cattle across the plains during the time of the Wild West. The romanized idea of what Cowboys are has tainted things a little bit, in the from 1800's to even now. We forget how low on the ladder socioeconomic Cowboys are, that's why sometimes they are called poopkickers. The traits we associate with cowboy, like optimism,democracy,equality,individualism and violence all those traits still exist today.It's like we have hard separating those men from their occupation. The cowboy that existed days of the Wild West that doesn't really anymore, because the nature of their work has evolved so now cowboy are found working on ranchs,farms,rodeos, and managing hunting/wildlife leases. Does that make sense? Did I explain it well enough?

Your Texas Ranger reference reminds me of a story about a Texas Ranger. This lawman did not carry a Colt .45 service revolver. He carried a US Model 1911, 45 cal. semi-automatic pistol. Because of the design of a 1911, it often carried "cocked & locked", hammer all the way back, safety/slide lock engaged. A citizen happed to notice that his holstered pistol was cocked, pointed to it and said "Isn't that dangerous?" The Ranger said "Of course it's dangerous, I wouldn't carry the damn thing if it wasn't dangerous". I really like stories about the famous Texas Rangers.

If you are familiar with the book series longmire. The protagonist sheriff Walt longmire carries a colt 1911 chambered in a .45. The gun is matte black with deer stag inlays as its grips.

That was the most important personal item my grandfather wore as a Treasury Agent.

His Colt Government 1911 .45.

That neat to know about your granddad did your granddad ever encounter a time where he needed his .45?

I know from my father that he killed at least six men in the line of duty with that particular pistol. Another killed themselves while being pursued rather than get arrested for bootlegging. Gramps was what was once called a "revenuer".

Last edited:
I know from my father that he killed at least six men in the line of duty with that particular pistol. Another killed themselves while being pursued rather than get arrested for bootlegging. Gramps was what was once called a "revenuer".
it's neat you have your granddad gun along with a story to go with it. I have the first rifle my grandad bought after being discharged from the army in 1946. The rifle is a Remington 721 bolt action hunting rifle chambered in a 30-06. It has a walnut stock blued Finnish on the barrel and action. My granddad mounted a Redfield 2-1/2 times magnified.

it's neat you have your granddad gun along with a story to go with it. I have the first rifle my grandad bought after being discharged from the army in 1946. The rifle is a Remington 721 bolt action hunting rifle chambered in a 30-06. It has a walnut stock blued Finnish on the barrel and action. My granddad mounted a Redfield 2-1/2 times magnified.

I have mixed feelings about that 1911. It went to my uncle, then to my cousin. But I do have my grandfather's original treasury department standard issue Colt .38 Detective Special.

Learn something new every day.. Is there any traditional cowboys left? Living off the land..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
here are the pictures you wanted to see:)

T shirt and short shorts<<<<--------PT shorts along with these :D

Jeep_Kalahari.png

Otherwise barefoot or wearing socks and sandals when I'm at home

Lately I've been wearing jeans+flannel a lot. It's getting hotter where I live, so I'll likely start wearing skirts and dresses more soon.

Natural fibres, no tags, no noises, no rubbing, jeans or shorts, t shirts or long sleeve tees, minimal jewellery, Guess sneakers, Guess belts and light, loose fitting jackets.

90% of my clothes are jersey fabrics, mainly rayon/viscose or cotton or a blend. I wear mostly elastic waist jersey maxi skirts with long sleeved or short sleeved t-shirts or simple tunic tops. In the winter I wear cardigans on top. I have two denim skirts as well but the denim used has a lot of give so I can tolerate them.

I am allergic to wool, and vegan so aside from one shawl in a very soft merino wool, that I made years ago, that seems to be ok and doesn't trigger off my allergy, I never wear wool. I also try to avoid polyester and similar, especially if worn next to skin, too hot and synthetics 'zap' me.

Shoes I have some brogue boots in two colours, flat Mary Janes and the rest are trainers. I am very very obsessive about colour coordination. This sucks, as I can see slight differences in tone and shade that others cannot. I also have to have socks and hair scrunchies coordinated too. It does make getting ready a bit of a chore.

90% of my clothes are jersey fabrics, mainly rayon/viscose or cotton or a blend. I wear mostly elastic waist jersey maxi skirts with long sleeved or short sleeved t-shirts or simple tunic tops. In the winter I wear cardigans on top. I have two denim skirts as well but the denim used has a lot of give so I can tolerate them.

I am allergic to wool, and vegan so aside from one shawl in a very soft merino wool, that I made years ago, that seems to be ok and doesn't trigger off my allergy, I never wear wool. I also try to avoid polyester and similar, especially if worn next to skin, too hot and synthetics 'zap' me.

Shoes I have some brogue boots in two colours, flat Mary Janes and the rest are trainers. I am very very obsessive about colour coordination. This sucks, as I can see slight differences in tone and shade that others cannot. I also have to have socks and hair scrunchies coordinated too. It does make getting ready a bit of a chore.
I have that same thing with colors. My shirts are darker shade of blue than my jeans. Being really skinny kelly tells me that is better for my build.

If it's not too hot, I wear my Batman onesie with big black Cape! This Saturday I'll be dressed as Superman for Yorkshire Cosplay at the Arena, been looking forward to it for weeks.

Soft clothes, soft lightweight jeans, t-shirts, either hiking boots or pull on soft suede boots, or workout clothes of stretchy soft shorts, sleeveless top, bare feet or in winter the biggest thickest warmest softest pink socks I can find and merino wool non-scratchy type sweaters.
Oh, and No. Scratchy. Labels. On. Anything.

I just wear comfy dresses and knee-high skirts a lot of the time, due to my neverending hatred of pants since they can be noisy. I wear spandex shorts under them so my underwear isn't revealed and thick tights in the winter. If I do ever end up wearing legwear, they would be leggings. I also wear collared tops if all of my dresses are dirty. Also sweaters and hoodies. Most of my clothes consist of colors that I call modest, like a really-really pale lavender or dull blues.

As for footwear, I wear 2-3 inch heels half the time. Preferably pumps or ankle boots with chunky heels so they're easier to walk in.. I NEVER go above three inches. I just wear flat shoes when I'm in school so I don't hurt myself on the stairs.
---
Considering how everyone else dressed, I was a little afraid to put this on here.

New Threads

Top Bottom