• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you listen to music? The poll!

I listen to music these ways!

• YouTube

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • Streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora)

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • AM/FM Radio

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • CDs

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Vinyl records

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Cassette tapes

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 8 track tapes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digital downloads (pirated or not)

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Live concerts

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
I wonder what the next hardware will be regarding music storage?

I've gone from 4-tracks, to cassettes, to VHS tapes, to CDs and DVDs, and currently thumb drives.......

YouTube, digital downloads, and live music, mostly (concerts and nightclubs)

I still use an iPod, and I take it everywhere I go. I use it with an AUX cable in my car, and when I'm in the house doing chores, I either listen to it with headphones, or I play it on my speaker system.
People can make fun of me all they want for having an iPod and being a dorky old dinosaur, but it's one of the most useful things I have ever owned.

Six dorky dinosaur movies you must watch – Mutant Reviewers

For real listening, I still have some old CDs. I prefer the less invasive mastering we got in the 80s and early 90s, when a lot of digital issues were flat transfers. So, for now, I hold onto a lot of old albums as long as I can play them, since reissues often have digital distortion or other problems (such as a certain Pet Sounds reissue from the late 90s).

I also use Spotify, even though it's not the best sound quality. But, I need something easy at work, to block out noise.

I'll play YouTube here and there for convenience, but that's usually if I'm posting here or answering emails.

That's about it, these days. I bought my share of vinyl from around 2005-2013, maybe. Before it become more trendy and expensive.

My main source for listening is YT - I'm having anhedonia for quite a long time, so I don't care about the sound quality at the moment. Before anhedonia, I used to listen from my CDs (usually bought in the second hand music shops or via internet, because I hate the "loudness war" production trend) or digitally downloaded/on Spotify.

I listen to…YouTube, Spotify, YouTube music and the radio and cds.
I want to quit devices and go back to things like burning cds.
Also I do like vinyl and making cassettes.
I am sad cassettes went where you could tape stuff off the radio. Same with VHS
You could tape shows, some people maybe could set a timer. Then watch them later.
Or make radio mixed tapes, the times where some people may have given their boyfriend a mixed tape.

I listen through a combination of Spotify, iTunes (music I own, not Apple Music), YouTube and FM radio.

I like owning my music, even if only digitally, so me getting a Spotify sub was a hard sell. It only happened after I found iTunes' shuffling feature to be abysmal (since 2015 or 2016 thereabouts it stopped going through a runthrough of your whole playlist before repeating, but ever since doesn't and repeats songs obnoxiously). Spotify's shuffle feature works like the classic shuffle of old iPods, iPhone. Nowadays I use iTunes to listen to music on demand, and use Spotify to shuffle.

YouTube, Bandcamp, CDs and, sometimes, live concerts. We have some free classical concerts with students in my town these months, so I have been to some of those. The last one was all about percussion. Great experiences, all of them.

New Threads

Top Bottom