• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you listen to music? The poll!

I listen to music these ways!

• YouTube

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • Streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora)

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • AM/FM Radio

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • CDs

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Vinyl records

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Cassette tapes

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 8 track tapes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digital downloads (pirated or not)

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Live concerts

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I am a huge fan of vinyl records, although I do use my Apple Music subscription on a regular basis.

How do you listen to music?

Pretty much any way I can. I love physical media, and like to collect CDs and vinyl, with cassette tapes here and there. However, I listen to a lot of music that is digital only and thus use streaming services to listen to it that way.

Yohoho a pirate's life for me

(Digital, I don't like streaming services. I'll admit if I just want something in the background I might use YouTube but 99% of my music is digital files on my phone that I've either totally acquired legitimately or ripped from the few CDs I own)

I have a music playlist on YouTube. I love listening to music. I would die if I couldn’t listen to music. It’s a part of my life. :dizzy:

Yohoho a pirate's life for me

(Digital, I don't like streaming services. I'll admit if I just want something in the background I might use YouTube but 99% of my music is digital files on my phone that I've either totally acquired legitimately or ripped from the few CDs I own)

My car has a 9-speaker 285 watt Bose Audio system. I almost never listen to FM/AM radio or Satellite radio. I constantly play my music collection through a flash drive with MP3 files that I've personally edited.

As a renter despite having a nice audio system, I don't often play music at home unless I know my neighbors next door and below me are gone. Plus I sometimes play HD audio music on this computer using headphones.

IMG_3505.jpeg

mostly through spotify, but sometimes youtube if i'm already there or want to listen to something obscure that isnt on streaming. ive got vinyls at my parents place, i didnt bring them when i moved and have no idea what condition theyre in now. :/ i keep cds in my car in case my phone wont play music for some reason, and if i dont want to listen to cds, i'll turn on the radio. i don't go to live shows often, but i like them, and was into my local hardcore scene in middle and high school.

That is a Victor I. I have a similar one but mine is the III, which is slightly larger and has two mainsprings driving it.

Mine is currently living in a box in the closet pending space and a table to put it on.

It is still in nearly new condition and after I repaired it, it works fine. Victor Talking Machine Company built them pretty easy to service.

Slowly rebuying MP3's as WAV. Also when I buy a CD I rip it as a WAV file.

Most of my music was 320kb/s MP3.

I don't stream. I have to own my music, allbeit in digital format. I'm not a fan of clutter, so having huge amounts of CD's wouldn't be workable for me. Besides, I've yet to find an album where I enjoy every song. I'd rather rip a CD then donate it to a charity shop.

Ed

Evubudy be talking source.

How do I listen to music? With my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones. Every source sounds better, but I use CDs and Apple Music.

Vinyl records, CDs and digital. I always try to get the best quality digital I can. I'm building a streaming hifi system at the moment, which will play local files from my PC. I don't use streaming services, but if Qobuz ever becomes available, I will certainly use that.

I like Spotify, I use it to organize a lot (300+) of playlists. That's my categorizing coming into play lol. But I enjoy making very specific playlists and it increases my enjoyment of music. I also check out CDs from my library and listen to them in my car because it's older and doesn't have bluetooth. If I'm sick of the CDs or just don't have any I'll switch on FM radio. And then I use Youtube when I want to listen to songs that aren't available on Spotify. I'd love to listen to vinyls but I don't feel like buying a player for them (or the vinyls themselves lol). So I stick with my library CDs :)

Usually through Apple Music. Youtube for songs I can’t listen to on Apple Music. I remember I used to use mp3 downloads to put songs on my school laptop lol. I also buy CDs of my favourite musicians whenever I can

I will say that I enjoy listening to the J-pop and K-pop playlists on Apple Music on shuffle throughout my day. Apple Music is not a bad source for those genres in the USA.

New Threads

Top Bottom