• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you know you are physically ill?

As I continue to grow and learn and sort out various things to decide whether its an Aspie issue, first of all the condition becomes more and more fascinating. I poured my whole life's energy into passing, without ever realizing it. So for me, reality has very much become a moving target!

I do know for sure that I must have a different perception of pain than normal people. A throbbing pain of any sort, no matter how small, e.g., a bad hangnail, will leave me incapacitated, unable to concentrate on anything . Yet Ive had deep cuts with serious bleeding requiring stitches that didn't register pain for me hardly at all. I gashmy hands and fingers weekly working around home and don't notice the cut until I notice the blood. I must be borderline hemophiliac because I bleed like crazy.

Meanwhile if I get sick, I will stay in denial for as long as I can possibly stand (Which is a LONG time) and carry on like nothing is wrong for as long as I can make it. Now I understand why. It is because I know sickness will lead to a disruption of my routines, which is the most stressful thing for me personally to deal with.

New Threads

Top Bottom