• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you feel about toothpaste?

I use a Xylitol sweetened toothpaste that is actually safe to eat (not that I would) I have always questioned the wisdom of putting things on our bodies that wouldn't be safe to eat.:rolleyes:
And I agree with Judge; I need to use a little baking soda with my toothpaste because I need a bit of abrasion to really feel that my teeth are clean. I also use a tongue scraper because it is truly amazing and disgusting what comes off the tongue first thing in the morning!:eek:

A bit off topic: does anyone else feel grossed out at tooth brushing scenes in movies? I truly dislike the sound of a toothbrush being vigorously applied, followed by spitting sounds. :mask:

My Magic Mud Whitening Toothpaste - Peppermint

My teeth are whiter than before, and my gums are much better, and I love it.

Thanks! Ive been looking for a product like this. Though i dont think it will do anything for anti-cavity protection, but still awesome. I m buying a tube,

I hate toothpaste!! not the during but the after. The foam is made by a chemical called sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). ... SLS also destroys fats that block your bitter taste buds. SLS hides the sweetness of orange juice and makes it taste bitterer. That's why it tastes horrible after brushing your teeth. I hate that i dont want to eat or drink anything for like an hour after.

Why make paste out of teeth? Do you need calcium?

I like Sensodyne and then rinsing out my mouth to get rid of it all..

It's not so much that I don't like toothpaste, it's the sensation of cleaning my teeth I'm not keen on, hence my poor dental hygiene.

I don't have an issue with toothpaste, except that I don't like strong mint flavour. I use herb flavoured toothpaste.

I go through phases. I like the abrasive feeling of sodium bicarbonate best. Most toothpastes are too slimy, too intense in flavor. I do love Tom’s licqourice flavored toothpaste.

I think that it prevents cavities and is otherwise good for my health so that's why I use it to brush my teeth 3 times a day. Other than that I haven't thought much about it.

By the age of 5, I already knew what radiation was, and knew about it's mutagenic effects.
I read about fluorine, and fluoride, and remembered having seen it somewhere.
Got up, straight to the bathroom, retrieved a tube, "and there...
there on the other side,
in the middle of the other side,
away from everything else on the other side...
...read the following words:"
Sodium fluoride 0.243%
(0.15% w/v fluoride ion)
I would swear that it actually read "fluorine ion" back in the neolithic 70's.
This both surprised and sickened me. Had to warn the parents! :eek:There was radioactive material
IN OUR HOME!
Imagine my surprise when M -n- P BOTH KNEW that there was fluoride in toothpaste.
"But, you know that fluoride is radioactive?!?"o_O
It was then that I understood...
Parents weren't always to be trusted to make good decisions.:cool:
I fought them on the whole "introducing radioactivity into my body" thing for weeks,
and I have never really been able to fight the "gag urge" when brushing, since.
(I have been EXTREMELY careful, in the 44 years since, not to have inadvertently swallowed ANY
radioactivity. I'm lucky.);)

New Threads

Top Bottom