• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How are aspies like superheroes?

dragoncat16

Just for fun, let's list the ways we are like superheroes. I'll start:
  1. There are lots of fictional works in books and on TV depicting a group of people (e.g. mutants, aliens, etc.) who are shunned by society because of fear or regular everyday bigotry. It brings to mind our situation as aspies.
  2. Many of us have unique abilities or detailed knowledge that are so far beyond those of ordinary humans that they could almost be considered superhuman, and even without that, we can usually focus much more closely on a given topic or activity.
  3. Nearly all of us present to the rest of the world an alterego meant to blend into society.
  4. Like superheroes, especially those who are aliens or otherwise outsiders, we feel different from everyone else and are misunderstood and considered eccentric by the rest of society, and that is a vast understatement.
  5. Several superheroes have alteregos who are eccentric millionaires or billionaires who run companies that build technology of some sort. There are quite a few of these types in real life who are thought to be on the spectrum.
I can think of more, but I'll let others contribute.

I think that many of the people who created superheroes were aspies, because they seem to understand us so well. That and being into comic books is a common aspie thing. Is it really any surprise that we seek out a world in which people like us have some power and others value our unique abilities.

Yeah, we're like the X-men: there seems to be a bunch of people set to eliminate us because we don't fit in society.

(Wow, this took a dark turn pretty quickly, sorry)

Hey, have I told you guys that I tested for sub-zero decibel hearing? Apparently that's a thing (maybe a question of analogic vs digital zero), and it sounds very superhero-like.

Also, many of us can perform a type of telekinesia whereby we make people run away just by being there (it is my decision to consider this equates moving foreign objects with the mind, and I shall not change my mind on the subject).

B29166F1-A75D-492C-923A-4440EEDC10F2.jpeg
Yeah, we're like the X-men: there seems to be a bunch of people set to eliminate us because we don't fit in society.

(Wow, this took a dark turn pretty quickly, sorry)

Hey, have I told you guys that I tested for sub-zero decibel hearing? Apparently that's a thing (maybe a question of analogic vs digital zero), and it sounds very superhero-like.

Also, many of us can perform a type of telekinesia whereby we make people run away just by being there (it is my decision to consider this equates moving foreign objects with the mind, and I shall not change my mind on the subject).
Haha, very funny! I was thinking the same, we’re not superheroes, we’re more like X-men, good and bad, and with powers sometimes out of control. A lot of aspie women have the power to become different personas, depending on the people surrounding us, so we would be like Mystique.
Redirect Notice

Like the Hulk... "Don't get me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

Last edited:
We have a spevai weakness, sciences are to strong, and any interaction with people drains our energy levels.

We battle with inner turmoil.

We wear a (metaphoricle) mask to hide our personalities.

Many of us have a trusty side kick (pets)

Our actions can revolutionise science, then all of humanity.

Undying persistence, To The point of harmful obsessions

Some of us like wearing capes, even though we can't fly :D

I love wearing my Batman and Superman costumes anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom