• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Honestly don't know how to relax.

ChurchTheArtist

The love child of Bob Ross and Batman
Hey guys, for those who recognize me, I'm that guy who rarely posts but usually posts long-winded, complicated and difficult to follow stuff. If you may recall any time you saw my posts you may not have a hard time imagining this problem of mine:

I work... a lot. I've just dropped much of my life to do some crazy things just in the past 9 months. I'm always doing something these days or learning to do something when I can't. I've learned how to get things done and destroy my excuses that have held me captive in depression all my life and for the first time ever I've seen my life change by my own efforts. I've built my own house, payed off my car, learned to be an architect, electrician, plumber, car mechanic, boat mechanic, repair man, CAD drafter all on top of the many things I have already picked up over the past few years. I'm always building things and fixing things and when I can't move any more, I read books that teach me how to do even more things...

...and I'm about to kill over dead if I don't slow down. I used to chill with friends, play games or watch TV/movies but now that's not as easy or as satisfying. I live away from most friends making social life difficult. Most of the friends I have are over the age of 50 and also work like I do so when I drive out to see them, I put myself to work at their disposal and that's just how we hang out. I try to play games but hours later I find myself trying to alter the programming and graphics instead of just enjoying it. I try to watch TV or whatever just to get antsy sitting there until I cut it off and get up to do something.

I recently incurred a possible injury due to excessive work and strain on my body. It's no big deal but it reminded me that I haven't been relaxing like I should. But in all this effort to take life more seriously... I somehow lost my enjoyment of not having to work.

I need ideas, advice, conversation, anything to help me figure out how to get my mind off of my next project if only for a day or so. As of now it kinda hurts to move much and I need to get my mind onto something else for a bit.

6a00e54f89c18888330111684517b7970c-pi

This is the first thing that came to my mind, reading your post.
The second thing was...if I thought I needed to relax, I'd look up
the topic of How to Relax. If I didn't have any other ideas.

I don't think Post #2 will be particularly useful in and of itself.
It will, however, probably prompt people who do have ideas to
want to express them.

New Threads

Top Bottom