• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

..hi!..

Hello, I'm totally new to this site, and have never before joined a Forum. I am as yet undiagnosed with Aspergers, however, the more I read, the more I can relate to reactions, responses, etc. which seem common to Aspergers. I have begun to think,' maybe I'm not the only one who has felt despairing when it comes to trying to 'work myself out'.

Welcome to AC. Sounds like you've come to the right place. You'll find many of us are self-diagnosed...

Welcome to AC :)

I think you will find us both friendly and helpful

Welcome :)

I hope that we can help you to better find answers. Feel free to join in on our conversations; our members are quite friendly, and helpful.

We've also got an excellent collection of recommended reading material, for books on AS: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Through your research, you may also find that there are generally some differences between the traits found in men and women. This book is a good starting point in better understanding that: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Alternatively, you can find some articles online about women and AS, such as this one: Aspienwomen: Adult Women with Asperger Syndrome. Moving towards a female profile of Asperger Syndrome | Tania Marshall

Hello, I'm totally new to this site, and have never before joined a Forum. I am as yet undiagnosed with Aspergers, however, the more I read, the more I can relate to reactions, responses, etc. which seem common to Aspergers. I have begun to think,' maybe I'm not the only one who has felt despairing when it comes to trying to 'work myself out'.
Same here :) we should talk.

Hello Cheryl, welcome to our Aspie community. You have discovered a good place here, loads of information and shared experiences.

We have a lovely safe space here where you can discover more about yourself and like-minded others, so have fun exploring :)

Thanks everyone for your welcoming messages!

I have a question. Do any of you struggle with the issue of 'motivation'? It seems to be a rather major issue in my life & it really is frustrating! There are so many things I want to do and achieve, however I seem to not be able to motivate myself to do these things. I wonder if I'm just mentally lazy-because when I have other people around & they're prompting me, I can complete the said task?! Or, is it more like what I've been reading about, regarding needing 'mentoring' or just that second person around to assist? I really can't fathom this one.

Rgds Cheryl

Thanks everyone for your welcoming messages!

I have a question. Do any of you struggle with the issue of 'motivation'? It seems to be a rather major issue in my life & it really is frustrating! There are so many things I want to do and achieve, however I seem to not be able to motivate myself to do these things. I wonder if I'm just mentally lazy-because when I have other people around & they're prompting me, I can complete the said task?! Or, is it more like what I've been reading about, regarding needing 'mentoring' or just that second person around to assist? I really can't fathom this one.

Rgds Cheryl

There are quite a few here who will agree that they can struggle with motivation. You will however find that you may get more responses from your question if you repost them in a new thread. I suggest trying to start a new thread here, with your question: General Autism Discussion | AspiesCentral.com

I sometimes lack motivation, well, often. It prefer to think of it more as being content than lazy, but many would argue aginst that, with varying degrees of inaccuracy.
The anxiety and apprehensive feelings are an entirely different reason for "procrastination."

I find at times having someone to motivate me is helpful, other times it's down right frustrating.

The personal desire to achieve, opposed to the status quo is also seperate issues.

If you really really want something, it should be motivation enough, unless there is another issue such as anxiety or depression getting in the way.

Hmmmm, does that make any sense? Or was that a politicians answer? Lol. :confused:

New Threads

Top Bottom