• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

vergil96

Hi everyone!

I'm Vergil, I'm 27 and from Europe, I'm a programmer. What am I doing here? My psychotherapist suggested that I could be on the autism spectrum and I'm looking into more detail about it, although from what I've read so far, I don't think it's ASD, but a bunch of other things that might look similar on the outside. I have some social difficulties, however, I rather think it has to do with unfavourable upbringing and poor boundary setting. I'm also a programmer and exceptionally gifted at math and other intellectual abilities and it tends to freak people out. I mean it: people are afraid. I did a lot o psychological tests for all kinds of mental health issues, because I struggle to find the right treatment and would really want to overcome my emotional difficulties, and found the tests Really Dumb (which is a whole separate story...) and my IQ apparently is above the scale for which the psychologist solemnly apologised that the test was so limited. The max of the scale was 130, I did everything correctly, so it's probably 140 or 150 (the likelihood of a given score decreases exponentially). I also think that having a bit of ADHD might contribute to some of the symptoms that the psychotherapist points to, like fidgeting. One way or another, I would be happy to find resources about ASD in high functioning adults.

1681219214300.png

Welcome, @vergil96. Whether you wind up being on the spectrum or not, you're welcome here. I hope you find this forum as welcoming as useful as I have.

Welcome! I second Kisa's suggestion that the resources section is a nice starting place, but feel free to ask about anything directly as well if you don't find what you're looking for there or via a general search. We're a pretty friendly group.

Hello and welcome. Take your time to explore the forum and see what we have to offer. Glad you found us.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Seeking answers and asking questions is a very good way to see what fits and doesn't fit.
You're welcome here, on the spectrum or not.

New Threads

Top Bottom