• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi!

Peatsmoke

Furiously sleeping indigo restlessness
I was just recently Dxed as ASD; suddenly a lot of things start to make sense! All the things that people always think are "weird" or just "different", including most of the things I like about myself (even though some of them make life pretty complicated) - it all sort of clicks into place...

Anyway. I'm here because... well, I'm trying to understand myself and other people a bit better, I suppose. And you all seem friendly and generally quite unlikely to bite my head off.;)

Welcome aboard :)
Glad to have you here !
IMG_1624.JPG

I was just recently Dxed as ASD; suddenly a lot of things start to make sense! All the things that people always think are "weird" or just "different", including most of the things I like about myself (even though some of them make life pretty complicated) - it all sort of clicks into place...

Anyway. I'm here because... well, I'm trying to understand myself and other people a bit better, I suppose. And you all seem friendly and generally quite unlikely to bite my head off.;)
Welcome :)

hi peatsmoke,welcome to AC!
how did you choose your name? what is your connection to peat?
all of my family in Ireland grew up using peat as a heat source so I am naturally interested. :)

what are your likes,dislikes and interests?

hi peatsmoke,welcome to AC!
how did you choose your name? what is your connection to peat?
all of my family in Ireland grew up using peat as a heat source so I am naturally interested. :)

what are your likes,dislikes and interests?
Thanks toothless! I chose "peatsmoke" because I like the smell of... well... peat smoke. Also because I like walking on peat moors; they're very quiet places, usually, and you can feel the springiness of the peat under your feet. I've done a lot of walking in Ireland and also the north of England (where I used to live).

My interests... well, I'm pretty obsessed by maps. Paper ones, preferably. And hiking along routes I find on those maps - hopefully routes without many people! I spend a lot of my time reading, fiction and nonfiction - nonfiction is easier, and it's mainly history/mythology or physics/cosmology. Dislikes... sport! People who can't accept human differences (of any kind). Oh, and noisy walking groups! :)

What about you?

Welcome to AC! During my short time on this site I have never been bitten, but there is a first time for everything.

New Threads

Top Bottom