• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm Jacco.

jaccopippel

Hi, I'm Jacco and I'm from the Netherlands. A couple of years I started wondering whether I'm autistic and since then I've read some books about autism and asperger. "The way I see it" and "The autistic brain" by Temple Grandin, "Nerdy, Shy and Socially Inappropriate" by Cynthia Kim and "One of the Autcasts" by Christina Gleason.
Recently I've been wondering whether it's high functioning autism, Asperger, or PDD-NOS. After reading the books by Cynthia Kim and Christina Gleason I think it's Asperger. I recognise a lot in their books.
I've tried taking some of those online test, but I get rather frustrated with them and don't know how to answer a number of the questions. I've given up on them.
I also have acquired brain injury (caused by cerebral oedema at the age of one year). The symptoms related to the ABI are rather similar to those of asperger.
I may also have alexithymia.

Hello Jacco. Welcome to AspiesCentral. I hope you enjoy it here and make some friends.

That's great you're reading books and learning about common traits you identify with! Some of the questions on the online tests are specific yet vague at the same time..... difficult to answer without clarification but I still think the majority of the questions will give you something to work with. Welcome! :catface:

Welcome to AC! Your specific designation is not near as important as understanding your individual needs.

Hi,

Imprecise questions drive me nuts. I recently took an work exam where I scored in the 90s, but got a few questions wrong, but as far as I was concerned it was the questions that were wrong.

And then I do a aspergers test and find the same ambiguous type of questions?!

"Ok, we need a test for people who take things literally, and who have extreme attention to detail. Let's make the questions open and ambiguous so they can take them to mean what they want, they'll love that"

Hmm, seems you've brought up some stuff:-D

Welcome :) I hope you can learn some more and maybe find some answers from the people here.

Hi, I'm Jacco and I'm from the Netherlands. A couple of years I started wondering whether I'm autistic and since then I've read some books about autism and asperger. "The way I see it" and "The autistic brain" by Temple Grandin, "Nerdy, Shy and Socially Inappropriate" by Cynthia Kim and "One of the Autcasts" by Christina Gleason.
Recently I've been wondering whether it's high functioning autism, Asperger, or PDD-NOS. After reading the books by Cynthia Kim and Christina Gleason I think it's Asperger. I recognise a lot in their books.
I've tried taking some of those online test, but I get rather frustrated with them and don't know how to answer a number of the questions. I've given up on them.
I also have acquired brain injury (caused by cerebral oedema at the age of one year). The symptoms related to the ABI are rather similar to those of asperger.
I may also have alexithymia.
hi jacco,welcome to AC!
all you can do is keep reading biographies,books and reports about ASD and see if you relate to it,you could also take the aspie test by RDOS,that might help you understand yourself a bit better,there is a test for all forms of autism but it especially relates to more severe autism called the child brain pddassess test [or something like that not done it in years].

i have two types of brain injury-aquired and traumatic caused by status epilepticus as a toddler and severe life long head banging,so you can have brain injury and autism,sometimes your brain injury can just give you a few more quirks or issues like short term memory impairment and learning difficulties [or in my case mild intellectual disability]-you need to see a good neuro pyschologist/pyschiatrist if you eventually go for assessment as they will probably be the best for seperating your brain injury from any ASD traits.

Welcome aboard. I am Rocco. Nice to have you in the community.
IMG_6800.PNG

New Threads

Top Bottom