• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm a potential Aspie :)

sencha

Hi everyone. :)

I'm a male in my 20s. I've always known I was different from everyone, but I never suspected Asperger's up until about a week ago when my psychiatrist had an "aha" moment where he realized I might have AS. I'm not officially diagnosed yet, but the next appointment we'll be looking at it seriously. In social situations, I'm highly inhibited and force myself not to "stim," to have eye contact, etc. None of this comes naturally to me though. I neglected to mention to him some of my embarrassing "routines" and quirks, so he never thought of it. I was diagnosed with social phobia for the longest time, but if AS is the case, then I suppose this will replace that. I've always had an intense interest in computer hardware and software since I was in elementary school. While others were out playing, I was tinkering with my computer, and even creating simple BASIC programs on an old Apple II/e at age 7ish.

I still absolutely love computers. I've been using the open-source Linux operating system for nearly 10 years now. Right now I'm going through a major depressive episode, so I haven't been programming lately, but for a while I was writing my own open source software and contributing to various projects (Slackware Linux, ftw :D). My major obsession in high school, besides computers, was the German language. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in that any longer. My next major obsession was with healthy eating, exercise, natural foods, herbal medicines, drug pharmacology, etc. That didn't last for very long though. Currently, I've been obsessed with Japanese green teas and Eastern religions (I consider myself Buddhist :balanced:).

Since my doctor mentioned it, I've been spending a lot of time looking into AS, and took the online test at Aspie-quiz and here's my result:

Code:
Your Aspie score: 135 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

This is the graphical chart (although I don't really know what all it means, but I'm on the Aspie side): click here

I'd be interested in everyone else's scores on this test (maybe there are better ones out there, but this is the one I found which asks a LOT of questions).

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about me. I'm just here looking for Aspie friends. Hope to get to know everyone here :)

Hi Sencha! Welcome to the group :) We're all a friendly bunch, and we're always here to talk to if you have any questions or issues :) Hope you fit in to our quirky little community and have a lot of laughs with us x

Hi Sencha! My test scores are below. Alot of us have a similar story- many diagnosed, a few not yet like me. Welcome welcome!

there is another thread where alot of people put their scores for that test, don't remember where it is though. Some people also have their scores in their profile. Mine was 172 and 174 when I took it again.

Hi and welcome to Ac! I smiled when I read about you programming when you were little. I did the same, but used a zx spectrum 48k and a BBC micro!!

Same thing though, basic programming. It's v creative and logical at the same time, so it's endless fun! Ive recently started learning how to program apples own objective c, but although it's fun, I'm too busy doing other stuff to really get into it properly.... :)

As for me, I'm a Taoist, hence the :balanced:

As for me, I'm a Taoist, hence the :balanced:
Unfortunately, I know little about Taoism, but from what little I do understand, it's not that far apart from Buddhism. :) Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Sencha and welcome! I'm new too. I'm self diagnosed, but am seeing a psychiatrist today for a formal dx. This is a great forum, I have had so much help/support and kindness from everyone here. Such a change and relief from what/who I've had to deal with in my life.
Very pretty picture, where is that?

Hi Sencha, welcome to AC! My score is in my signature. I am currently seeing a psyciatrist for a diagnosis myself. You'll find a very welcoming and warm group here. Hope to see you stick around. :)

-p

gailt915 said:
Very pretty picture, where is that?
I actually found it on Google Images. I forget what I searched for exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's part of a tea plantation in Japan.

Thanks for the welcome gailt915 and poey! :)

It seems everyone so far has scored higher than me on the Aspie Quiz. :/ My psychiatrist ruled out ADHD (as per my request) and "regular" Autism last time I went to see him, but from what I was told, I meet all the criteria for Asperger's. He just wants to spend some more time talking about it in our next appointment to be 100% certain before he makes the official diagnosis. I'm actually kind of hopeful that it is Asperger's, as it'll finally give me a concrete understanding as to why I've been different than others my entire life. I already can relate to a lot of people on here, so I guess it doesn't truly matter whether or not it's official, as long as I fit in. :)

poly12d.php

Your Aspie score: 107 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 123 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

My score is quite low. I also know I've changed a lot from 8 years ago or so too.

Welcome your story sounds so familiar. I have always been different and was seeing a psychologist last year and suggested I have AS in December I had never heard of it before. I was finally diagnosed in March and been trying to work things out since.

Welcome your story sounds so familiar. I have always been different and was seeing a psychologist last year and suggested I have AS in December I had never heard of it before. I was finally diagnosed in March and been trying to work things out since.
This member joined 2012 :p

New Threads

Top Bottom