• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, everyone!

NotStrangeJustDifferent

Hi! I didn't know what name to use for the forum (I was so confused lol), so I decided to use a name that says exactly how I feel about myself (NotStrangeJustDifferent). I'm so glad you're here because I've been feeling really lonely lately, like I just don't fit in with people, and I thought that if I could find a group of people who could relate to, and understand, the way that my mind works, I would feel a lot less like I just don't belong. I will say up-front that I'm not good at holding a conversation, so please be patient if it seems like I don't know what to say next if you're attempting to hold a conversation with me. It's not that I don't want to chat, or that I'm trying to get away from you, it's just that my mind won't tell me what to say next. It can be frustrating. I'm a friendly person who just has trouble conversing. I'm also very happy to be here. :)

Hi! I didn't know what name to use for the forum (I was so confused lol), so I decided to use a name that says exactly how I feel about myself (NotStrangeJustDifferent). I'm so glad you're here because I've been feeling really lonely lately, like I just don't fit in with people, and I thought that if I could find a group of people who could relate to, and understand, the way that my mind works, I would feel a lot less like I just don't belong. I will say up-front that I'm not good at holding a conversation, so please be patient if it seems like I don't know what to say next if you're attempting to hold a conversation with me. It's not that I don't want to chat, or that I'm trying to get away from you, it's just that my mind won't tell me what to say next. It can be frustrating. I'm a friendly person who just has trouble conversing. I'm also very happy to be here. :)
I'm actually relieved that I don't fit in, although I do relate to the loneliness. It's good to be on a website where others don't judge you, they just accept you. Welcome and nice to meet you, NotStrangeJustDifferent.

Welcome! I think that you probably came to the right place. I love your user name, it is a lot more creative than just using your initials.

I will say up-front that I'm not good at holding a conversation, so please be patient if it seems like I don't know what to say next if you're attempting to hold a conversation with me. It's not that I don't want to chat, or that I'm trying to get away from you, it's just that my mind won't tell me what to say next. It can be frustrating. I'm a friendly person who just has trouble conversing. I'm also very happy to be here. :)

That's the beauty of a forum. You post and respond at your own pace and not anyone elses. Unless perhaps you go into real-time chat, which for me poses certain inherent difficulties as could a real-time communication in certain circumstances.

Welcome to AC.

Thank you for your replies and your kind words. I was pretty sure you would understand. I try to avoid places like facebook and twitter, because people will message me there and want to talk with me, but I can only maintain a conversation for a very short time before I run into a roadblock, and I honestly don't like people to think I'm trying to ignore them when I'm only at a loss for words. And I absolutely can't do chit chat and small talk, it's impossible, although I can go on for hours about something that interests me. I've always been like that and I can't seem to change it. That's the reason I like forums, because I can simply post what I have to say and leave it at that. I haven't been able to figure out where to go where there may be people like me, who's minds don't quite work like the average person's, so I thought finding a website like this might be a good idea.

I have a lot of what might be considered typical AS traits, and I have them to an extreme degree, but I also have a few traits that might be considered the exact opposite of AS traits, which helps to balance me out just a tiny bit, but it's still pretty much impossible for me to function as a "normal" person. I've taken many AS tests on the internet and they all say the same thing, that I most likely have AS. I haven't been to a doctor about it, yet, because I honestly didn't know why I was so different than other people. I uploaded a pic to show the results of one of the more interesting tests that I took.

Sorry for such a long post, but it feels good to be able to get these things out in the open in a place where I won't be looked at as a strange person. lol

And, by the way, you can call me Not Strange, or Just Different or you can call me Ember, which is my name, even though I'm a guy. Actually, I'm more agender, but that may be something for a different forum. :)

Attachments

• Aspie Quiz_001.1.jpg
    Aspie Quiz_001.1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 147

New Threads

Top Bottom