• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone

KateKate

Hi, I am Kate the parent of an undiagnosed AS son. I was hoping I could get some persepctive and advice on how to help him. He has just started secondary school and is struggling making friends. Would really appreciate any help/advice. :)

Hi Kate,
Welcome to AC. There's a parenting forum you may like to browse, as well the education forum and a general social forum that covers this situation. The adulthood forum may also be useful!

Enjoy your stay. :)

Hi & welcome.
You can also try asking questions about the things that in your son that you don't understand or finding confusing.

Welcome, biggest recommendation don't self diagnosis and go see a psychologist as soon as possible and get him properly tested.

Get him the support he needs as early and as quickly as possible. Get him the help I never had and most likely never will get

Hey Kate, there's lots of resources here and you can talk to us about stuff. Welcome ! :)

Finding the other "weird kids" helped me...geeky activities were a lifesaver. I do wish someone had sat me down and explained social guidelines specifically. My son has some very mild tendencies, I am more severe than him, but he does struggle with friendships, so I am gentle but blunt about things, but he knows I struggled more than him...that helps reduce embrassment. ASD adults need to get treated so we can start mentoring and helping the kiddos!

KateKate

il_340x270.424503451_m2xh.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom