• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi Everybody

Welcome :)

You'll have to let us know how your appointment went.

I just want to make sure you're aware that AS presents differently between different genders; which seems to still be a relatively new concept, so not all professionals are too aware of the different traits, and should you have AS, they may or may not recognise it in you. I recommend researching in to females on the spectrum.

I also recommend this book, which is a good guide for recognising the typical traits in women on the spectrum, and a good survival guide: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Welcome :)

You'll have to let us know how your appointment went.

I just want to make sure you're aware that AS presents differently between different genders; which seems to still be a relatively new concept, so not all professionals are too aware of the different traits, and should you have AS, they may or may not recognise it in you. I recommend researching in to females on the spectrum.

I also recommend this book, which is a good guide for recognising the typical traits in women on the spectrum, and a good survival guide: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com
I will let everyone know. I am going to see if I can get a referral for a psychiatrist also, from my dr. That way I'll have two opinions. I've been watching a lot of you tube videos made by girls and women with AS also. Thank you for the book recommendation too! :)

So, when I went to my Dr the other day, she told me I should talk to the counselor there at the office. Cuz she's not too sure about it and doesn't want to make a diagnosis and be wrong. So, now I Have to make an appointment with this person. :confused:

So, when I went to my Dr the other day, she told me I should talk to the counselor there at the office. Cuz she's not too sure about it and doesn't want to make a diagnosis and be wrong. So, now I Have to make an appointment with this person. :confused:
It's not uncommon for doctors to be unsure, but at least they have referred you to someone else for a second opinion.

Sagigirl14

555365220_262419.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom