• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help! Sky TV Remote is broken! Sky support are no help!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Foreign call centres my arse! Speak English FFS! Worse than flippin' useless!

Anyway, possibly racist ranting aside, can anyone offer preferably UK based help? I have changed the Batteries in the Remote several times, I have tried to reboot the Sky Box to see if that solves the problem which it often does, but not this time! I suspect the Remote is knackered, I've had it nearly 9 years!

HELP! I'm stuck with a TV and a Sky Box I can't use, I wouldn't mind if the Digital TV I have on my TV actually worked but the damn thing has never worked in nearly 10 years of living in this Flat.

Digital TV hell. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Had to replace boxes, a remote or even a power supply one time or another. Motorola sucks.

However it seems to me the only way to rule out something wrong with the box is to interface with your provider via telephone. But yeah, I agree- nine years for one remote is amazing. But at least if you can rule out the box and any external power supply it seems logical deduction to move onto the remote.

Unfortunately I don't see any way to circumvent dealing with customer service.

What gets me is that a few years ago they turned off the Analogue TV signal in the UK so everyone is now forced to use Digital TV via Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview or other sources! All of which have Foreign call centres!

What gets me is that a few years ago they turned off the Analogue TV signal in the UK so everyone is now forced to use Digital TV via Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview or other sources! All of which have Foreign call centres!

Yeah, they did that as well here too. When I finally just put a perfectly running VCR with an analogue tuner and tapes in the trash.

Few things set me off more than cable tv problems. Well...maybe the Internet going down too. Ugh. :eek:

I managed to fix it, in a fashion, I had to reboot the Sky box.

Not sure how long it will be before the box and/or remote dies again, but I rang Sky up yesterday and they're sending me a new remote which should hopefully arrive by the middle to end of next week, they did say 3 to 5 working days.

I managed to fix it, in a fashion, I had to reboot the Sky box.

Not sure how long it will be before the box and/or remote dies again, but I rang Sky up yesterday and they're sending me a new remote which should hopefully arrive by the middle to end of next week, they did say 3 to 5 working days.

That's good. Rebooting has solved some problems in the past for me as well, although it's still a source of frustration sometimes because while I can initiate a reboot through my browser, it doesn't always take. Forcing me to contact customer service who can cut through whatever it was online that kept me from doing it on my own.

Good that you're getting a remote as well. Dang....nine years on the same remote!

I'm always a bit skeptical about cable box reliability given how much heat the damn things emit when operating "normally". I figure it's inevitable for a capacitor to fail, leaving the box to either function erratically or simply die. I think I've been through four boxes in six years! But in my case I'm literally only two miles away from a satellite office of my provider, so it's easy to replace failing components like the box, remote or external power supply.

New Threads

Top Bottom