• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Cloudyday

Hello,

I'm Cloudyday and I'm from Yorkshire in the UK and I was dxd at the age of 37, which given I'm now in my mid 50's means I've had 17 years of adjustment and adaption to what has been a new life.

There are still many areas that have not changed even with a better knowledge of my condition, for instance my sensitivities to sound and touch and also my 'pattern' as I call it that orders each day just the same and rings it with a barrier of anxiety. However dx has led to my returning to education and taking a long and rewarding journey through academic art. I've also been a writer since I was 13 and like all writers I doggedly press on with one manuscript after another and try to make each better than the last. I had poems published years ago but that involved a voluntary role in a network of writers that broke down as I found interacting with larger numbers of people increasingly difficult.

I live on my own where I have a rollercoaster tension problem that spoils my state of mind every few hours. I often think it's the part of me that feels regret and wants to go out and achieve something, only the problem is that whenever I leave the house I can't relate to anyone except in the simplest ways. At the age of 54 I really need to stay home and paint and write and just let go of the social world - and quite often I manage it.

I also enjoy photography. I have a number of friends but as many will know here it becomes harder for people who have settled down and started families to find time for their old reclusive friend-of-old.

In general I would say my life has been shaped in decades: Ages 1-4: pre-AS symptoms: a great time. Ages: 5-11: slow alienation and torture at school, including abduction. 11-16: withdrawal from all others and increased bullying. 16-20: Arrival of poetry. 20-30: Return to Education. 30-40: Poetry networks and publication. 40-50 Higher Education and fine art. 50-54: Partial withdrawal, continuing writing, occasional exhibitions. I would say, and I'm guessing, that this decade is about novels because I am slowly writing my second, the first having not made it onto an agent or publisher's desk. The second is better so far.

I would say that AS is a paradox, because History seems to have been given a helping hand by a condition that has so many morally refined and painstaking qualities, yet those that bear the condition often feel themselves punished for it.

I should like to say an extra hello to all those with poor attention here because I know what it is like to leave the house without a wallet, and then with a wallet but without the phone, and then with the phone and the wallet (or bill-fold as it is called in the US) but without the bus-card and so and so on.

Hello to everyone again. The very best of luck to us all.

Cloudyday.

Hello Cloudyday, welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. Good to meet another painter, there are several who frequent AspiesCentral, including myself. I'm a Canadian who recently discovered their aspieness.

Hello Cloudyday, welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. Good to meet another painter, there are several who frequent AspiesCentral, including myself. I'm a Canadian who recently discovered their aspieness.

Thank you Mia. Nice to meet you too. I need spectacles to paint these days, being nearly as old as Gandalf. It always feels like a privilege to paint, like being able to make a wish.

HI & welcome,
I would say forgetfulness is a common trait with Aspies. I use lists or a certain arrangement of articles staged near the door to ensure I leave properly equipped.

New Threads

Top Bottom