• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello :)

Lavaiso

Hi, everyone. My name is Hayley. I am 18 years old.. I have asperger's syndrome, Social anxiety, OCD, PTSD, and possibly bipolar (self-diagnosed Bipolar). I was diagnosed with Aspergers at the age of 14 years old.
Just wanted to introduce myself, and possibly meet new people and be friends :)

Think you need to know about me:
-Socially awkward in person.
-Socially terrible at starting conversation.
-I don't always make eye contact but when I do it's just to either look around my surroundings or if i am pressured talking to someone one-on-one in person, I've had intense moments like my face is melting off type of feeling it's happened so many times haha.

-Either when I am online or in person I find it difficult to talk about a subject at all.
-I've had quite a traumatizing childhood.
-Didn't complete high school, because of how my disorders affected me

Obsessions & interests:
I am quite obsessed with a few things, I collect a lot of books/novels, comics, and sci fi figures.
Just now my latest obsession is photography.
I love anything sci fi Films,books, comics etc.

I love playing video games with deep story, such as Fallout 3 and 4, Wolf Among Us (Can be quite hard since you need to use social clues and decide on things socially and physical action) Portal 2, Half Life, and Indie games like Fire Watch, Pez, Undertale etc.
I also love anime.

... I feel if i wrote all this down it'll get boring haha. But yeah thats a rough idea about myself :p

Hallo,
I'd like to see the face melting part! :D

Just kidding. I guess I said that partially because I love Sci-Fi. I remember some old B-grade movie with William Shatner where at the end the whole village of people melted in the rain. It was obviously wax. :rolleyes: My favorite genre of films. The better ones anyway. What are some of your favorites?

Hallo,
I'd like to see the face melting part! :D

Just kidding. I guess I said that partially because I love Sci-Fi. I remember some old B-grade movie with William Shatner where at the end the whole village of people melted in the rain. It was obviously wax. :rolleyes: My favorite genre of films. The better ones anyway. What are some of your favorites?

Hahaha. Yeah! I love a lot of sci fi a few of my favourites are Blade Runner, A Scanner Darkly, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, Alien, The Matrix, The Thing, Judge Dredd, Star Wars, Starship Troopers, Her, Pitch Black, John Dies at the End, Planet of the Apes (old and newest one), Gattaca, Robocop, The Fifth Element, The Iron Giant, Contact.

Sci fi films I still have yet to see:
12 Monkeys, THX 1138, Serenity, Solaris, Dune.

( That's all I can think of just now )

Last edited:
Welcome. Another photography obsessive here :D
Hi! [emoji2] What sort of stuff do you take photos of? I personally take photos of everything that I find interesting and put them on Instagram. I have a kind of oldish DSLR Sony Camera (Sony Alpha 200 digital SLR) It's amazing quality considering how old it is. It is technically my boyfriend's camera from when he was younger but he let me borrow it for as long as I want type thing. Really want to get a Cannon DSLR camera at some point and one that does film.

My Instagram is: Dargon_Bargon
http://www.pikore.com/dargon_bargon
If you'd like to take a look at my stuff !
If not I could just post on here. :)

Last edited:
Was that "The Devil's Rain?" I'm thinking it came out in the mid to late 70's. It was rather cheesy if memory serves right. Shatner made a number of those movies; they were entertaining, though.

Hey, those are some good ones on your list. It sounds like you're a fan of Stanley Kubrick. I preferred the original Planet of the Apes over the new ones, though the new ones are good; can't compare the two. We went to triple feature at a drive-in theater one night of Planet of the Apes. They showed the first three. I was eleven or twelve at the time and fell asleep halfway through the second movie.
Yeah! Stanley Kubrick is my favourite director. His films are a perfection of absolutely beauty!

Well, some of the best films there, so I can tell you are on target.

I have seen these also. I bolded the ones I really liked.

Blade Runner, A Clockwork Orange, Alien, The Matrix, The Thing, Star Wars, Starship Troopers, Planet of the Apes (old), Contact, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Fifth Element, Pitch Black, THX 1138, Solaris, Dune.

I watched Planet of the Apes again recently and was surprised at how well it held up, especially the costuming. Space Odyssey had a sequel, 2010 First Contact (1984) which isn't great, but not bad if your curious what those rectangular thingies are. :D The Thing (I presume you mean the great 1982 remake of the 1951 original) had a prequel also called 'The Thing' (2011). It wasn't very original, but not bad if you want to tidy things up and see the whole story.

Haven't seen these yet myself.

Dr. Strangelove, A Scanner Darkly, Judge Dredd, Her, John Dies at the End, Gattaca, Robocop, The Iron Giant, 12 Monkeys, Serenity

Here's a starter list of some recommended :D

The original Solaris (Russian 1972 with subtitles) is good, but I liked the newer remake (2002) a bit better.
Aliens (1986) Sequel as good as original
War of the Worlds (2005 remake)
The Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
Children of Men (2006)
Ex Machina (2015)
Coherence (2013)
Them (1954) Classic
Cloverfield (2008)
Moon (2009)
Pandorum (2009) Creepy, but good
Prometheus (2012) A kind of reboot of the Alien Universe (sequel coming next year).

New Threads

Top Bottom