• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello :)

Sindri

frangipani...frangipani...
I am new to the forums, I was diagnosed Aspie by my psychiatrist just recently. I will be 33 tomorrow. Needless to say, entire new worlds of thought are sitting here at my doorstep. I'm treading lightly and carefully, and as I do, my life and struggles begin to make so much more sense to me. I feel like a new chapter in my life may be starting, one which fosters a lot more understanding.

I'm learning a lot, I can say that I didn't know very much about autism at all just a few weeks ago. I keep finding myself saying, "That's an autistic thing?!" over and over again. No offense meant whatsoever, and I feel honoured to be here among you.

I live in Virginia, I am the mother of beautiful (almost) two year old daughter. I love mythology, names, the cosmos, dance, prose, and water. Thank you for reading and hope to make a new friend here. ^_^

Welcome aboard
image.jpg

Hello Sindri!

I am thirty-six, also a mom, and also in Virginia! I have an unofficial diagnosis since I can't find anyone here who is willing to diagnose adults :(

I first realized I had Asperger's when my son was born and I wasn't relating to my new family in the "typical" ways. Also found it hard to relate to other moms; I guess I assumed that having a child I would finally have something in common with other people, but I still found so many of them to be mostly boring and petty, which was frustrating. And the stress of being a mom quadrupled my meltdowns. I don't know if you can relate to that. But Asperger's explained so much about me that I always assumed were flaws in my system; it gave me a chance to see that those characteristics fit together in a way that made a cohesive whole, and one which wasn't "broken" or "messed-up", just different and sometimes, very exciting! I hope you find this to be the case as you grow in self-awareness.

If you want to talk directly feel free to message me. It seems like we might have some interests in common :)

Welcome to AC!

Hi Sindri, congratulations on your diagnosis. You've just been told that you belong to the +/- 1% of the population that can't define themselves as being average. How cool is that!

Thank you all :) I love the birthday cat....hehe ^_^

I suppose it is kinda cool. I think mostly I am afraid people knowing will make them treat me differently. My hopes are that I can learn to build better relationships with people now that I am finding a new understanding of why I do the things I do. If that makes any sense :)

Sindri

Welcome to the forums.

I think mostly I am afraid people knowing will make them treat me differently.

I suggest you try not to let it get to you. You do not need to be changed. Your way of analyzing/processing information, as well as your behavior simply work differently.

I already mentioned around a few posts, that there are no right way to live/act/behave toward others, as one is incapable of defining what behavior is. What most of the people commonly refer to is the type of behavior which, in our case, differs from the majority.

I am speaking about that particular behavior, and not the universal undefined one.

People here will be happy to help you, and do try to embrace your differences. Please, do keep in mind that it is a suggestion, which I highly recommend. Stay true to yourself as much as possible, as it is the only way you'll remain happy.

Thank you and I definitely agree, all we can ever do is stay true to ourselves. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom