• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello! Research Study

s212301

Hello everyone,

I am an undergraduate student at University in the United Kingdom. I am completing my final year and in order to complete my study I am required to undertake some research. I have chosen to research autism, and I am looking for parents who have a child with autism in the United Kingdom. I just wanted to say hello to you all first and kindly ask if anybody would participate in my questionnaire. The average duration of completion of the questionnaire is between 10-20 minuets. I would be extremely grateful for anybody who participates, but please do not feel obliged as it is completely your choice whether you want to or not.

Thank you for reading this thread and I look forward to reading your responses.

This is the link to the questionnaire. Thank you. (Please click on the text that says ''This is the link to the questionnaire'' and it will take you directly to it).

P.S. all participation is anonymous, and all the information is presented at the beginning page of the questionnaire. However, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me/ contact me.

Last edited:
Hi Abigail, there's a lot of people from a lot of countries here. It might be helpful to point out that you are in the UK and to also to let people know if you want to include participants from other countries or not.

Hi Abigail, there's a lot of people from a lot of countries here. It might be helpful to point out that you are in the UK and to also to let people know if you want to include participants from other countries or not.
Thank you very much for raising this point, I have now edited and it should be more accurate. Thank you.

Hi there.

I am truly going out here, because of being deeply uneducated, but in fact, ADULTS on the spectrum are even more needed for research, since we are OFTEN misdiagnosed and especially, females.

Anyway, other than that, I cannot participate, since I am not a mother let alone one who has a child on the spectrum.

I just felt an urge to respond.

Hi there.

I am truly going out here, because of being deeply uneducated, but in fact, ADULTS on the spectrum are even more needed for research, since we are OFTEN misdiagnosed and especially, females.

Anyway, other than that, I cannot participate, since I am not a mother let alone one who has a child on the spectrum.

I just felt an urge to respond.
Good Afternoon.

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate hearing everybody's opinions.

My university course is studying 'Early Childhood', therefore, my research project aim needs to be aimed around children.

Thank you for contributing to my thread.

From what I understand it is difficult to get a diagnosis in the UK at the moment and also can be difficult to find support. Do you also look at mental health models in other countries?

It is getting a lot better in Australia now but the main focus still seems to be on children and their parents. There is very little in the way of support for adults here.

From what I understand it is difficult to get a diagnosis in the UK at the moment and also can be difficult to find support. Do you also look at mental health models in other countries?

It is getting a lot better in Australia now but the main focus still seems to be on children and their parents. There is very little in the way of support for adults here.
Good Afternoon.

Thank you for your reply.

I completely agree that getting a diagnosis and effective support is currently difficult in the UK. Part of my passion for my research study is to gain knowledge to be able to understand how support can be better targeted. As my course is particular to 'Early Childhood', researching children is my designated area currently. However, in the future I would be very interested in researching a much broader scope.

We study segments of international law regarding children; however, we mainly focus on the United Kingdom due to that being my country of studying.

Thank you for your contribution to my thread.

HI I got as far as question 2 and tried to enter two answers but only one answer is allowed by the form.
Please go over the form again to make sure that where you say answer any that may apply, that we can fill in multiple answers.

Please let us know when the form is tweaked and I can try again. I bailed out at q2.

HI I got as far as question 2 and tried to enter two answers but only one answer is allowed by the form.
Please go over the form again to make sure that where you say answer any that may apply, that we can fill in multiple answers.

Please let us know when the form is tweaked and I can try again. I bailed out at q2.
Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It appears to have had a technology error whilst uploading as my pilot study was how it is supposed to be. I have now edited and will reupload with the correct format to successfully answer.

I thank you very much for your feedback, and, taking the time to participate.

Hello everyone,

I am an undergraduate student at University in the United Kingdom. I am completing my final year and in order to complete my study I am required to undertake some research. I have chosen to research autism, and I am looking for parents who have a child with autism in the United Kingdom. I just wanted to say hello to you all first and kindly ask if anybody would participate in my questionnaire. The average duration of completion of the questionnaire is between 10-20 minuets. I would be extremely grateful for anybody who participates, but please do not feel obliged as it is completely your choice whether you want to or not.

Thank you for reading this thread and I look forward to reading your responses.

This is the link to the questionnaire. Thank you. (Please click on the text that says ''This is the link to the questionnaire'' and it will take you directly to it).

P.S. all participation is anonymous, and all the information is presented at the beginning page of the questionnaire. However, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me/ contact me.
Good morning to you all,

I am updating the link for the questionnaire due to a technology error. If you would like to contribute to my study, please use the NEW LINK which is below.

I thank you all very much for your feedback and contributions so far. It is greatly appreciated.

NEW LINK FOR QUESTIONAIRE - Parents perspectives on the available resources for their child with Autism, and how do they impact inclusion in educational settings.

Thank you all very much.

Hello! Welcome to the forum thank you for wanting our voices to be heard! This form is for autistic people and while we do welcome partners and parents of autistic people there are not many of them here so I am not sure if you will find much of a sample on this forum. I do want to comment though to hopefully boost this thread a bit as I hope it reaches those you want to reach. Good luck with your research!

As my course is particular to 'Early Childhood', researching children is my designated area currently.
HI

I read the first intro to the thread and did not see that the focus was early childhood, until I read your later answers.

I may be doing an autie thing here, but please edit the first post to stress the focus group you are wanting to respond. I got so far through the questionnaire before I realised that the questions were school focussed - and my experience was not what you wanted.

Hello! Welcome to the forum thank you for wanting our voices to be heard! This form is for autistic people and while we do welcome partners and parents of autistic people there are not many of them here so I am not sure if you will find much of a sample on this forum. I do want to comment though to hopefully boost this thread a bit as I hope it reaches those you want to reach. Good luck with your research!
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your comment. That is really useful to know. I really appreciate your help with boosting this thread. I have the research study on a few other forums as well so hopefully combining them together will gain me the sample population which I need.

I thank you again for your help.

HI

I read the first intro to the thread and did not see that the focus was early childhood, until I read your later answers.

I may be doing an autie thing here, but please edit the first post to stress the focus group you are wanting to respond. I got so far through the questionnaire before I realised that the questions were school focussed - and my experience was not what you wanted.
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply.

I am very new here so I am still working out how to use everything, but from what I can tell, it does not seem possible to edit your thread after a certain time period. I have tried to edit but unfortunately I have a message which states I am unable to edit after a certain period.

Thank you very much for attempting the questionnaire, I greatly appreciate your efforts and time spent on it.

New Threads

Top Bottom