• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chris Russell

The Talentless Liar
Hello. My name is Chris. I'm a late-diagnosed Aspie (now 47). I worked for many years as a graphics specialst in environmental science and engineering firms, providing techinical illustrations and visual continuity through scientifc reports and other products. I now work in a local school (bit of a step down, but I suppose this happens to us all... I'm a polymath, but my greatest obsession is with quantum physics. I am passionate about finding ways to make life easier for Aspies, and to improve NT's understanding of the Aspie world, and vice versa. I am currently working with a friend of mine in support of a rather amazing therapist and Transactional Analysis expert with a staggering new insight into NT/Aspie communication. It's gonna be big, and I thought you might all like to know about it. In 37 years of therapy - I've never known anything like it... I know I sound like a dodgy website claim, but I'm not selling anything - just spreading a little hope, I hope (I know how despairing I have been in the past....) Please do check out my blog by searching for my alter ego on Blogger: The Talentless Liar. Alternatively, if you just want to discuss physics - that's good too!.

Are you still interested in environmental science?
Very much so - I had the privilege of working on some very large scale and interesting projects, and I learned a great deal about climate change, its repercussions and the ways that different countries are trying to mitigate the effects... You can't unlearn that stuff, so I'm as passionate about it now, as I ever was...

Hi Chris Russell Nice to meet you. I remain as interested in Physics now, as I was all science at school but purely from a documentary-watching perspective :)
Likewise, Elemental. I rarely watch or read anything that is not fact-based. I have always been fascinated by the sciences, especially physics, but never possessed the mathematical acumen to study it in any useful way. Biology is always surprising, and beautiful too. Chemistry is basically physics, with the 'fizz-bang' being a bit more accessible.... I'm not sure I agree with Rutherford about Physics being the only real science (everything else just being stamp-collecting) but Quantum Physics and I share a certain similitude: Very little of what we do makes immediate sense, but you can certainly prove it's working, and the results are usually very useful, regardless of whether it was what you were expecting!

I was hoping my profile pic would would pique the curiosity of some like-minded souls.... do you think I was too subtle?

New Threads

Top Bottom