• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

GRIEF Support

I extra big hug to Arashi and Sparticus and any one else that needs one.

Thanks sparticus for mentioning the effects of a death without being able to say good by to your loved one. I had not thought of that with my farther, until you mentioned it.

Same to you Warwick. I haven't thought of saying goodbye to my brother so maybe there was a reason for me to remember this and offer it to you. May you have fond memories of your father.

I extra big hug to Arashi and Sparticus and any one else that needs one.

Thanks sparticus for mentioning the effects of a death without being able to say good by to your loved one. I had not thought of that with my farther, until you mentioned it.

May be that might be some thing we need to consider.

I am not sure if you Sparticus and Arashi if you have a grave sight you can go to, it may ease they pain by feeling you are near them,
you may be able to talk to them in spirit you may be able to thank them for their guidance. But may you never foget them.

As for my father his ashes were scatterd in the Hauraki gulf between Waiheke island the main land, so I do not have a grave stone. you can get an idea of the location through google maps we use to do a lot of sailing from that area. he died midway in that area.

Arashi: every time I read about Tiffy I am moved with how hard it must be for you. I think you must making Tiffy very proud to have been your friend with the help you give us (as members of the forum).

Last edited:
My grandfather died this afternoon.
I don't feel much. Maybe it will take some time to sink in.
Thanks in advance for everyone's sympathy. I don't feel like talking about it too much.
I am sad because the last time I saw him was years ago. I wanted to see him again before he died, but I never had enough money for travel.
If a family member offers to pay for me to travel to the funeral, I will be very angry "Where was this money when I could have used it to see him while he was alive?"

My grandfather died this afternoon.
I don't feel much. Maybe it will take some time to sink in.
Thanks in advance for everyone's sympathy. I don't feel like talking about it too much.
I am sad because the last time I saw him was years ago. I wanted to see him again before he died, but I never had enough money for travel.
If a family member offers to pay for me to travel to the funeral, I will be very angry "Where was this money when I could have used it to see him while he was alive?"

Very sorry to hear Ste11aeres. Take care...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Ste11aeres. I hope there will be a memoral site you can go to, when you can afford to go and pay your respects to him. I do not think it should be last respects.

Stellaeres! I am so sorry to hear that your Grandfather has passed away. I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you when, and if, you want to talk about him.

Thanks Warwick on your post. Wishing you peace. No comment on gravesites per my family. Too painful. Interesting post! Adds a lot to this thread.

May be that might be some thing we need to consider.

I am not sure if you Sparticus and Arashi if you have a grave sight you can go to, it may ease they pain by feeling you are near them,
you may be able to talk to them in spirit you may be able to thank them for their guidance. But may you never foget them.

As for my father his ashes were scatterd in the Hauraki gulf between Waiheke island the main land, so I do not have a grave stone. you can get an idea of the location through google maps we use to do a lot of sailing from that area. he died midway in that area.

Arashi: every time I read about Tiffy I am moved with how hard it must be for you. I think you must making Tiffy very proud to have been your friend with the help you give us (as members of the forum).

Hey Warwick, great idea! Too painful for me to visit my brother & too complicated to explain. Plus right nw I'm not driving. One day I'd love to visit my brother's grave. But I might end up camping there.... :ninja2: But maybe I need to rethink this and finally visit. I could write a book on what happened including his wife's family HATES my family and my brothers site is in their town etc.

Wow that's a powerful story about where your father is. How you two shared time together sailing etc. You are really bringing excellent ideas to this thread!!!!!

For me most likely have not realized to what an extent my interest in sailing had been until recently. I have rekindled my interest in boat design again, recently.

I think we are helping each other because some may see something slightly different, that can help each other. (bouncing Ideas off each other).

A week before xmas this year, my grandfather died, and early this year my grandma passed away.
Late 2009, my mother's mum died..
I miss my Mama (mum's mum) terribly, and I know my mum still feels the loss, she doesn't show it, but I can tell

And do pets count?

In that case, I've lost a three rabbits to death, three cats and my ex wife has to give the cat and dog away

Grief. I'm grieving the loss of someone I never actually had, or could have had. Yet it feels every day as though I have suffered a loss. How did I end up in this situation, a hell that exists only inside me, just for me, without seeing it coming or doing any of the things that would make it seem just? How could my heart leap without my consent or at least a waring? Yes, I grieve.

New Threads

Top Bottom