• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings from a tall creative Aspie

Hey there,

I'm 45 and recently found out that one of the reasons I have struggled in life is because of something called Aspergers' Syndrome. I had no idea what Aspies were when I was a kid, but I knew that I was different than other kids. I have begun to embrace my creative talents while realizing that they are more of an outlet to help me process and deal with emotions than anything else. It's been an interesting last couple of years. I have feel like I'm accepting who I am by recognizing my strengths and weaknesses. I'm also realizing that most people don't care to hear about my problems with Asperger's because "we all got issues to deal with." I hope to contribute some helpful insight and maybe even some humorous anecdotes, and I hope to learn some things about myself and others that will allow me to better navigate through life.

57d82d565c01ab73a4123c4421c3c430.png
:)

Hello and welcome to AC. I hope you enjoy it here. Maybe make some new friends.

Welcome to the Aspie site where people treat other with respect and try to give wise responses and encouragement to each other.

I'm also realizing that most people don't care to hear about my problems with Asperger's because "we all got issues to deal with."

Not so much on here if that's what you're talking about. This is probably the most apt place outside of a doctor's office to vent your problems. I like to think that we can patch in people's problems where the others don't have deficits and we some how kind of complete each other when giving advice. Or at least have the ability to empathise with each other.

New Threads

Top Bottom