• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good news (counseling update)

The Phantom

Hey guys!

So, if any of you have followed or read my previous posts (especially if you read my first post asking if I sounded like I had aspergers) you may know that I've been seeking out a screening/evaluation for any disorders, especially with my strong OCD symptoms and my family history.

Well, on monday I had an appointment with my counselor, and she told me that while she doesn't have the ability to diagnose me with anything (I live in Asia so the ruled are different) , she would be able to refer me to someone who can.

I know this is really short, but I just wanted to let others know, especially because I used to feel really helpless in this situation. My parents used to be convinced I was making a big deal out of my OCD, but my counselor knows that this is really important to me, and thinks it's worth trying out. She is going to talk to my parents about a plan for this.

So I just wanted to thank all of those who have bothered to read.comment on my previous posts and give me advice. Hopefully this will let others know that there is still a way to get proper help (especially since my parents didn't even want to send me to a counselor, thinking I was complaining too much about small problems and that I'd be put on meds or something).
And even if It turns out I don't have Aspergers, I will still be sticking around anyway, since I still want to be able to discuss with other people, and psychology is a big interest of mine anyway :)

I'll be updating soon! Thanks :D

Good. Stick around. Would love to see you stay and get answers to questions. If you are NT that is great. I do fine with both. My communication isn't always the best, but that is ok too. Please stay around.

New Threads

Top Bottom