• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Goals thread

. . .

V.I.P Member
Do you have any goals that you want to accomplish?

Here are my current goals:

. Learn Adobe Illustrator. I started learning it early this year, but quit as I found it to be a little tedious. Oh well - learning
Photoshop was mostly boring. I'll just have to force myself to go through the entire comprehensive 50+ hour video series. Only then will I fully know how to use Illustrator and vector graphics software in general.

16504535713178735672.png

. Move to a nearby city. I'd like to eventually move far away and not tell anyone of my whereabouts.

old_montreal.jpg

. Get my full license. I don't have my full license since, well, I don't have any need to drive anywhere. I want this to change though.

Chevrolet-Corvette-1.jpg

. Change my look/style. I want to change my look and style so that I can be less recognizable. I also want to change a few things around to improve my overall appearance. I may get colored contacts, start wearing chains again and get my ear pierced.

illusions-opaques.gif

Good luck with learning Illustrator. If you have any links to good Photoshop tutorials then send some my way.

My goals:

Improve my social life
Learn to drive
Get a girlfriend
Sort out my education
Get a job

I'm going to try make new wallpapers, well on photoshop anyways, what do you think of my first one that I did?

Still mastering it slowly but yea.....:lol2:

Learn to drive.
Find a boyfriend.
Have dreads (my favourite hairstyle, so why not have it done myself :D). I was thinking of maybe in a couple of months or something I could find someone who will start them off for me, I heard the crochet needle method is best.
Cure my fears and phobias about illness, I am starting CBT the week after next and I met my counselor yesterday.
Make some college friends.

My main goal is to finish a fan fiction I've been writing. Though I've written from beginning to end, there is a lot of polishing to do before I can put it up. I've worked on it for over a year yet I have mixed feelings as to how it will be received. Besides two very short one-shot fan fictions I've written, this is my first big story. I tried writing a story when I was thirteen and it was extremely boring. I'm not sure how much better I've gotten. A friend if mine said she loved it, but as is common with her friends, her opinion may be biased.

At least for me, writing a story is hard. One needs at least a basic understanding of sociology to keep the character interactions realistic. I took sociology years ago and failed, so I at times wonder if my story is set for failure. I'd considered getting help at some points, but I've refrained with the knowledge that it would greatly lower my sense of satisfaction in the end. When I completely finished, I'm putting it on fanfiction.net to see what people think. It is somewhat nerve-racking, because I want my career to be in writing. I put my best into this story so if it isn't good enough, that means my best isn't good enough, so I might have to rethink what I am to do for a living. As I continued brushing up some areas of it, I know that only time, and hopefully not a lot of it, will tell.

Learn R - software for statistics and graphics
Rlogo.jpg

Learn all of my mammal genera, so that I can know what they are whenever I hear them mentioned
Mammals_poster.jpg

Find Romance
dragon-heart-fantasy-5484219-600-45.jpg

Publish a scientific paper
scientificpaper.jpg

Work in a natural history collection
Flightless-scaly-tailed-squirrel-museum-specimen.jpg

Move to a nearby city.[/b] I'd like to eventually move far away and not tell anyone of my whereabouts.

I've always thought about doing that myself.

Other than that, my current goal is to come up with some goals:S.

The only goal I can think of from the top of my head is to pass my driving test and become a confident driver. My provisional license came through the post last Monday and I turn 17 next week, so I can start my actual lessons then. I'm happy with my steering and my clutch control but I'm nervous about taking the car on the road... nonetheless, I'm determined to pass because driving is something I've always wanted to do.

My goals are to get a
Learn R - software for statistics and graphics
Rlogo.jpg

Learn all of my mammal genera, so that I can know what they are whenever I hear them mentioned
Mammals_poster.jpg
Firnaft, Awesome gouls,for shure! Publishing a scientific Paper,requires quite a bit of dedication,and determination. My goals, finish college,get a degree in criminal justice,and in some field of phytobiology. Finish my personal research on the 'Baxter Effect, then present proff of the 'existance' of plant communication,and the ability of plants to respond to environmental stimulus. Concerning any intimate relation ship' I learned the hard way that this eould be quite difficult for me to achieve,an so am not going to try. Obtaining a job earning sufficient money to live in an area that I would love to live in,preferably near a nature preserve is one of my main goals.

Find Romance
dragon-heart-fantasy-5484219-600-45.jpg

Publish a scientific paper
scientificpaper.jpg

Work in a natural history collection
Flightless-scaly-tailed-squirrel-museum-specimen.jpg
My goals are to finish college,get a degree in criminal justice,and phyto-biology,finish my research on the 'Baxter-effect,andprovide proff of a plant's ability to respond to stimuli in the environment around it,and demonstrate this phenomenon via video.Also to earn sufficient money to move into an area more to my liking,preferribly near a nature preserve.:)

. Gain meaningful employment
. Immerse myself in literature and become well-read
. Scrounge up cash to move to a place with more opportunities
. Study one or two languages

Beat Firnafth's high score in Asteroids.

Let's see it!:D

Update on my goals: It turned out that I have to learn R to analyze my data. I actually have mixed feelings about this as I am worried about graduating on time, but I've really been enjoying studying it.

I also have successfully passed volunteer applicant screening at a natural history collection and soon I can work there.

However, I am no closer to the other three goals now than I was when I posted them.

Last edited:
Let's see it!:D

Update on my goals: It turned out that I have to learn R to analyze my data. I actually have mixed feelings about this as I am worried about graduating on time, but I've really been enjoying studying it.

I also have successfully passed volunteer applicant screening at a natural history collection and soon I can work there.

However, I am no closer to the other three goals now than I was when I posted them.
You're going down.

My goals are to:
*find a boyfriend
*maintain my job
*Save my money to get an official diagnosis(income tax return should help)
*After I get my diagnosis get help, to start up my studies again in respiratory therapy, maybe even follow my true passion in forensics
*Get a SOCIAL life.
* learn different ways/strategies to cope and improve behavior, and communication skills for me and my son

New Threads

Top Bottom