• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

give us a voice

bill2222

A world today is a tough place especially for those with autism I should know because i
Have it but I also what to make it a better one how you ask
I have skills in video production am going to use my still to give people like us a platform if you want to help let me know

This sounds interesting, sounds like you have ideas about how to improve things? Can you say more about what you plan to do in the videos?

A world today is a tough place especially for those with autism I should know because i
Have it but I also what to make it a better one how you ask
I have skills in video production am going to use my still to give people like us a platform if you want to help let me know
A percentage of humans who have a very negative view of autism or no knowledge have no access to the web or video technology

Lessons learned from other marginalized populations of people,...usually it requires mass media attention and political action. When it comes to things like this, one has to think "big". I don't have to tell anyone here that the majority of neurotypicals are really uncomfortable with anyone who is different than them,...different skin colors, different religions, political affiliation, sexual orientation, transgender, physical and mental disabilities, etc. There are plenty of documentaries on autism,...but too often they are viewed by people and families affected by autism, and never get any attention by the general public. I will also say that the majority of neurotypicals do not like change, find comfort in interacting within their social "bubble", and think that "standardization" is to be valued. Yet, it is almost without exception that neuro-divergent people, however marginalized and put down, are the ones leading in all aspects of moving the world forward,...especially in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.

New Threads

Top Bottom