• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting Bored of Your Obsessions Super-Quickly

Withnail88

This happens to me all the time. And I was wondering if anyone else gets it.
I'll be really obsessed with something, like I was with the Amish around January, and then all of a sudden, for seemingly no apparent reason, I will tire of it. I have tons of books on a great deal of subjects that I can't finish because I don't want to. I just don't want to anymore.
I get this way with TV shows, too. I'll be really into a series for a while, like Buffy or X-Files (nothing against those shows, both are awesome); I just didn't wanna watch 'em anymore, y'know? In some cases I will watch a series or movie all the way through and never be interested in it again for a long time.
But it happens with books and other obsessions too.
Anyone else?

I have the same issue, although my short lived obsessions tend to revolve around strategy or RPG games. I set out with every intention of completing all the goals, spending every minute of my free time playing. Without any idea when I don't go back to the game and so have dozens of half completed games that I just don't want to play anymore.

Jennifer Rush was my obsession for a week.

Movin_(UK)_-_Jennifer_Rush.jpg

Sometimes I do. I used to have a great obsession with "Hello Kitty" but that faded after a few years.

View attachment 1043
I like how you threw a picture in there. Awesome!
Sometimes they'll resurface after being dormant for months or years. But esp with TV and movies, I'm moony about something for a short time, then done.
Maybe it has to do with the intensity that we express for things. It just gets to be too damn much!

I remember being really into Farmville for a few weeks maybe.
Never Facebook chat with a friend when both parties are intoxicated: that is what I learned from that. LOL!
Girl tells me: "Get a Farmville, Let's be neighbors!" HA!!!
I'll be honest and say I was actually super into it for a while.

I remember being really into Farmville for a few weeks maybe.
Never Facebook chat with a friend when both parties are intoxicated: that is what I learned from that. LOL!
Girl tells me: "Get a Farmville, Let's be neighbors!" HA!!!
I'll be honest and say I was actually super into it for a while.

Farmville is a fake farm thing. Farming is darn hard, I never try to even think of that in a game.

I used to really love the American version of The Office. Now I hate it and I think the British one is better. But I got over it fairly quickly and my family likes to watch it on netflix, so I am usually in my room when they watch it. My brother must have seen every episode at least ten times. It's just annoying to me the way he watches it over and over. I can go a long time not wanting to watch the same thing over.
At worst it's very annoying, but still . . .
I can;t understand that wanting to watch something you like over and over. I feel like once is enough for a long time.

I've gotten over many obsessions, namely the ones from when I was younger like road maps, game design, drawing to name a few. Some of them were huge time wasters, others were worth while but I never got deeply involved enough to make a hobby out of them. Nowadays I'm into bigger things like computer hardware/software, programming and Linux. I'm also wanting to get into costume design (or "cosplay" I guess you could call it), though in my town I would likely be the odd one out (as if I wasn't already :))

I've gotten over many obsessions, namely the ones from when I was younger like road maps, game design, drawing to name a few. Some of them were huge time wasters, others were worth while but I never got deeply involved enough to make a hobby out of them. Nowadays I'm into bigger things like computer hardware/software, programming and Linux. I'm also wanting to get into costume design (or "cosplay" I guess you could call it), though in my town I would likely be the odd one out (as if I wasn't already :))

Except for the computer programming part, Jonathan, you're speaking my story :)

New Threads

Top Bottom