• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

GeekBitMan's first post

geekbitman

Computer Geek
Hello ASPIESCentral community,
I am "geekbitman", a 17 years old guy.

I am a computer geek, and suspecting a bit of asperger in myself.
I practise developing Android apps and like to surf the internet.
I know many programming languages like C#, HTML, Java, CSS.
I study in high school with not many social problems, but I had quite severe shyness in the past.
I also think I am too shy for things like relationship.

My reasons to think thar I am kinda aspie are: no relationship, some quizzes on the internet,
a severe shyness in the past. But I'm not sure. This may be caused by computer addiction.
Also, I've taken some AQ tests and got around 13-17 points, and IQ tests have shown above 110.
I don't think I really have Asperger because I am not enthusiastic to numbers and object, and don't really notice patterns. Also, I like to talk to people in the last years.

sorry if I used too many "I"'s, and for my bad english if there is.

Welcome aboard. :)
I hope you enjoy the community here. Yay computers. Don't worry about grammar. Not everyone catches patterns and likes numbers.
image.jpg

Hi & Welcome,
HFA often does not all the symptoms of Aspergers. Probably the most common is social difficulty, not being comfortable in groups, etc. A tendency to focus on certain things, whats sometimes called special interests, is another common symptom, but it can be anything. Numbers as far as I know are not a defining aspect.

Hello GBM, nice to have you here at the AC. I'm somewhat geeky myself, I'm a Linux fan and an avid fan of InfoSec.

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm not very geeky, except perhaps when it come to learning foreign languages, but I collect a lot of music albums and listen to a lot music. Everybody is different :)

You don't have to like numbers or be shy or to notice patterns to be on the spectrum, there are a thousand and twenty manifestations. Either way, you're welcome!

Hi like everyone said you don't have to like numbers and your interests could be anything but anyways I hope you find it good here.

Geek, it is all good here. Most, but not all, don't quite fit in with our own culture and societies.
Some don't quite fit in with even the Autistic Spectrum.
Some of us Aspers don't quite fit in with other Aspers and come out of our bunkers cautiously. However you think that that you don't quite fit in, I am sure you will fit right in here quite well. Welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom