• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gardening

Greenfingers

Hi fellow aspies,hope you are having a great day.I was wondering if anyone else finds gardening a way of soothing an overactive mind.For me it enables me to focus.The fresh air and physical activity seems to recharge my batteries.
My garden in UK is full of daffodils.They are mesmerising swaying and nodding to each other in a gentle breeze.They are like old friends returning year after year.Looking forward to the Spring with the promise of warmer weather and planting of seeds to brighten up the Summer beds.Thanks for reading this.Hope it's not too waxing of the lyrical!!

I would love a garden. All I have is a large planter built into the wall of my tiny front yard, because it is right at the front, idiots throw all sorts into it. So far I haven't planted anything in it because of this xx

I like tending nature but in a landscaping way. I build walls, move dirt, prune trees and shrubs, dig drainage, etc. Very similar. If I can encourage wildflowers thats especially nice. Its a favorite hobby/activity and always has been. Welcome btw.

I enjoy sitting in my garden. Fortunately where I live, in England, if the sun's shining it's usually warm enough for me to sit out in the winter. I've recently sowed a few seeds and am looking forward to watching them flower later.

My wife really likes gardening. She plants quite a few vegetables every year. However, I am not good at it. When I was young I had a rubber tree in the house. I took care of it the best that I could, but it still turned into a stick. I guess I will just eat the vegetables.

I would love a garden. All I have is a large planter built into the wall of my tiny front yard, because it is right at the front, idiots throw all sorts into it. So far I haven't planted anything in it because of this xx
If you have a windowsill how about having a pot where you plant something like herbs.You could use them in your cooking.

If you have a windowsill how about having a pot where you plant something like herbs.You could use them in your cooking.
I have weird floor to ceiling windows, some don't have any windowsills and those that do aren't in the best position for herbs plus they are too accessible by the kids. Most of the neighbours have an upstairs balcony or two as well as having two yard areas but my place seems to have been an afterthought in the designs. [emoji4] [emoji4]

I like it very much and feel soothed after weeding or digging and especially love moving rocks around. Am posting some pics in the photography thread.

New Threads

Top Bottom