• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Football game today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how soccer matches would be if everyone just sat still in their seat and watched the game? :) People are always shouting and fighting and jumping up and down and going crazy. A lot of sound and movement.

I wonder how soccer matches would be if everyone just sat still in their seat and watched the game? :) People are always shouting and fighting and jumping up and down and going crazy. A lot of sound and movement.
I hope to go watch a match but I'm watching it on telly aha

I am replying to this thread because only one other did as of yet. Lack of interest may partially be because, from what I have noticed, it seems most here on this forum are not into watching certain sports and/or participating in such. Perhaps it is either because they have another/other interests that take up most of their time, or could it be because of the sensory and/or fine or gross motor skills involved that makes tolerating, enjoying or doing those activities more difficult?

As well, those who enjoy sports may like the communication, socialization and expression aspects associated with it, and this may be hard for many with Autism too. In my case, I enjoy watching and playing sports. I need it to relax me, as crazy as that sounds, as I find it entertaining and as I like seeing others trying to be at their best. For others, sports and their rules can perhaps also seem too complex and not straight forward, or too violent, aggressive and competitive?

I just know that other sports threads were created, and there seemed to be less interest, too, so I was expecting the same for this thread as well. But, it's great you posted such, as some others could relate, or may be interested even if they did not express that.

I am replying to this thread because only one other did as of yet. Lack of interest may partially be because, from what I have noticed, it seems most here on this forum are not into watching certain sports and/or participating in such. Perhaps it is either because they have another/other interests that take up most of their time, or could it be because of the sensory and/or fine or gross motor skills involved that makes tolerating, enjoying or doing those activities more difficult?

As well, those who enjoy sports may like the communication, socialization and expression aspects associated with it, and this may be hard for many with Autism too. In my case, I enjoy watching and playing sports. I need it to relax me, as crazy as that sounds, as I find it entertaining and as I like seeing others trying to be at their best. For others, sports and their rules can perhaps also seem too complex and not straight forward, or too violent, aggressive and competitive?

I just know that other sports threads were created, and there seemed to be less interest, too, so I was expecting the same for this thread as well. But, it's great you posted such, as some others could relate, or may be interested even if they did not express that.
Hey! That's totally okay, I wasn't expecting a full thread of replies that's not what I do, I just thought to give my brain a thing to put my mind too as I'm having a hard time then to watch football, ! But thank you for replying!

Hey! That's totally okay, I wasn't expecting a full thread of replies that's not what I do, I just thought to give my brain a thing to put my mind too as I'm having a hard time then to watch football, ! But thank you for replying!

Which team are you hoping will win? Or no preference?

tag_reuters.com,2022_newsml_UP1EI2N1HG8DU_2141439391_768x432.jpg
Egyptian King let's go reds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom