• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Food

I'm actually the freak of Aspieland in the sense I no longer have abnormal food problems and will eat just about anything. My list of things I won't eat is much smaller than my list of things I will eat, and nobody can tell I'm autistic based on my plate. So as far as Aspies go, you're normal. :)

Even the talk of food makes me feel sick. Between Monday and Saturday, I ate ¾ of a banana.

I used to be able to devour a whole chook. Now, I can't even get 2 mouthfuls in without feeling full/sick.

I don't think I'm dying but I really wouldn't mind if I am.

Even the talk of food makes me feel sick. Between Monday and Saturday, I ate ¾ of a banana.

I used to be able to devour a whole chook. Now, I can't even get 2 mouthfuls in without feeling full/sick.

I don't think I'm dying but I really wouldn't mind if I am.

P.S.

That's not bravado talking! It's REALITY TALKING!!

I have issues with textures, myself. I don't like the texture of a lot of fruits, especially tomatoes and raisins.
I'm picky about my meat, I don't know how people can eat it when it's "well-done" aka burnt black. You might as well eat a leather jacket.
I used to really hate ice-cream cake because of the crunchy stuff on the bottom, I still don't like it much.
I despise carbonated beverages. Feels like it's assaulting my poor innocent mouth.

Also this doesn't really have anything to do with eating the food, but I'm known for spreading butter, cream cheese, etc as evenly as possible over the entire surface of the bread, cracker, or whatever. My dad accuses me of being OCD.

I generally do not like it when hot or moist food touches other food. Sandwiches are OK.

I have a certain way that I eat, usually clockwise making sure that I eat whatever's on my plate in order so that I have enough of each item to make a complete cycle around the plate. If I run out of mashed potatoes before my meatloaf I need another small amount to finish getting everything together. If I'm eating spaghetti and meatballs when I get down to four meatballs or if they are larger two meatballs then I'll cut them in half to make four. I'll then divide them and the remaining spaghetti into the four corners of the plate so I will have enough spaghetti for each meatball.

For me it's texture. Especially things which are "mushy". I can't stand mash potato, or any other potato if it has been in my mouth for too long and gone mushy. I'm also funny about sausages for some reason. Strangely though things like mushy peas from the chip shop don't bother me!

I have a severe hatred of any animal or fish fat or skin. If I get a tiny speck in my mouth I am in extreme distress. If I can't immediately spit it out I am miserable. However, I love other forms of fat like milk, cream, butter, cheese, vegetable oils, etc. I shudder when I watch someone else eat a piece of meat with any trace of fat on it. I love prime rib but always leave about have of the serving behind because it is fatty. If I can't trim off every visible speck I won't put it into my mouth.

I've had enough! I just want to go! :(
You're welcome to come vent to me if you want. I don't to give you the usual "chin up, it's alright" speech, and I know I'm not allowed to give you "well, this is the most painless way to go about it" one either. So I'll be a listening ear, or try to help you find solutions.

New Threads

Top Bottom