• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ever had surgery

I had my wisdom teeth and tonsils removed in high school. I had an orchiechtomy a couple of months ago, and I hopefully will have gender reassignment surgery sometime this year.

I had a spinal fusion for severe scoliosis in 2006. I've also had teeth pulled and an enormous, stubborn stye removed.

Yes. I have had a tumor removed from my salivary gland when I was 23 (three years ago) thankfully it wasn't Cancer. I remember being terrified I would react really badly to the anesthetic, the operation ended up going totally normal.

Yes, dental surgery several times, root canals and such, then I got implants and that takes surgery too. I'm at the age now I've got to think about getting a small lift and, mabe a tuck here or there - cosmetic surgery.

Air brushing and a good makeup artists can still make me look good but, not for too much longer, I'll have to deal with the aging body soon.

I had wisdom teeth removed, two eye muscle surgeries when I was young, and brain surgery to remove my left hippocampus in July 2014.

In grade 6 I had surgery to have several teeth removed. I didn't mind it, in fact I actually preferred being put to sleep rather than having a painful operation done while awake.

I have had 10 or so surgeries in my life, a couple that required that I was awake.

I had full anesthetic surgery to remove my wisdom teeth. And two local anesthetic surgeries. One to implant birth control and one to remove a pilar cyst.

me, eye muscle realignment for strabismus when I was 6 or 7, (put under general anesthesia)

had a couple extractions (teeth) and a root canal on right front tooth (broke it when a door closer arm hit my face)

Eye surgery when I was very young (I think one or two), appendix out, wisdom teeth out, root canal, then reconstructive surgery on my leg. Took bone grafts from my knee and my hip. The latter hurt so much I had to withdraw from school.

Tonsilectomy, tubes inserted in my ears, tracheoplasty, vaginoplasty, and wisdom tooth extraction.
Between the sex change and the wisdom teeth, the later was much more painfull. Thankfully I had some leftover demoral to kill the pain, because T3s just did not do the trick.

Tonsils in my 20's and wisdom teeth, but I consider the wisdom teeth to be pretty minor as far as surgery goes.
I've been putting off getting leg surgery for anterior / lateral compartment syndrome. Need that because the pain makes it hard to exercise.

No surgeries, exactly, but a couple of procedures requiring hospitalization and full anesthesia.

I had teeth taken out under a general anaesthetic when I was about eight. They were baby teeth but perhaps because I killed the nerves in them by falling on top of another kid in the playground in a clumsy incident, they were not getting the signal to fall out naturally so had to have them removed as my other teeth had already grown fully behind them. Horrible experience and I woke up during it! Never had to have any other surgery unless you count minor stitches under a local anaesthetic (local anaesthetics don't work on me properly so that wasn't fun either).

I got fixed after I had my son.

That's all though. I loved the dreams and sleep from the anesthesia. Haha

New Threads

Top Bottom