• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Employment Tribunal

Woody234

In the new year think I am going to have to attend a Employment Tribunal as previous employer made no effort to consider reasonable adjustments and was indirectly discriminative.
I am 'bricking it' at the thought of attending this as sure I will 'lose it'.

Anyone got any similar experience they would like to share.

Hi @Woody234 and welcome :)
First off - it would help if we knew what country you are in? Since you mention "reasonable adjustments" I'd imagine the UK?

Hi Woody, welcome to the forum.

What is 'bricking it'? I'm in Canada, and have never heard the term but can visualize a brick wall being built.

Hi Woody, welcome to the forum.

What is 'bricking it'? I'm in Canada, and have never heard the term but can visualize a brick wall being built.
Hi sorry no unfortunately nothing to do with building a brick wall. I will try and be delicate with the explanation. It is a term when you are frightened of an event and the bowl movements can equate to the size of passing a brick. Most people usually say "so frightened I was passing a brick" hope that helps?

Last edited by a moderator:
It does Woody, I have heard the term before then. As in the person was 'passing bricks'.
Thank you for clarifying that. :)

I've had some experience of it - constructive dismissal I take it? For personal reasons I'd rather not discuss too much in the open, but if you'd like to PM me a little about what's going on, I'd be happy to share anything that might be useful with you :)

I haven't been the subject of a tribunal, but have attended them for work.
I presume the reasonable adjustments and discrimination relate to autism, so could you discuss your fears with your solicitor (or whoever is representing you)? Maybe agree with the tribunal at the start that you can ask for a break if you're finding it too much (perhaps even a signal to this effect if you think you may struggle to put it into words)?
And if the tribunal isn't until the new year, with any luck your former employer will see sense and settle before then.
Good luck x

Hi Woody

welcome to af.png

New Threads

Top Bottom