• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Drawing Help

Sylar

Is there anyone here who is good at drawing willing to help on a comic series I've started working on? I intend for the art style to be very simple so it shouldn't take too much time. Ideally I would like somebody to do the art work for every issue while I write and do the colouring if needed. I understand that is a lot to ask for and if possible even just designing the characters and making an easy to follow break down with me so that I can do the art would be a huge help.

Is there anyone here who is good at drawing willing to help on a comic series I've started working on? I intend for the art style to be very simple so it shouldn't take too much time. Ideally I would like somebody to do the art work for every issue while I write and do the colouring if needed. I understand that is a lot to ask for and if possible even just designing the characters and making an easy to follow break down with me so that I can do the art would be a huge help.

Hi Sylar

I've been thinking of doing the same! Are you thinking 2D? I've been trying to get my head around drawing characters. I've had a few goes at drawing my dog! I've always been good at drawing geometric designs, but never went very far as far as character drawing. I know I can if I try though. It could always start very simple and evolve or not. What theme are you going for?
Sounds interesting anyway. I'd love to know more, especially as I have been thinking of the same.

CeasarKungPow Yes it's 2D. The comic is an unofficial series 4 fancomic for the 90's BBC sitcom Bottom. I want it to look more like the 90's childrens books we'd read at school, where the backgrounds would be very plain with a flat pencil crayon/waterpaint style. Something like these images:

Although I'm not going for realism, I would like the characters to look a little less cartoony than those. The problem is that there are fight scenes so it's all about getting a design that's dynamic but simple to do and consistent. These are some images of the characters and a the background that will be in almost every issue and frame:

See how with the style I want, the background there (in the flat) can just be one solid colour with some faint lines to mark a door and shelf.

I also have an idea for a serious superhero comic, but that would require a much better art style and a lot more work. I'm not going to ask people to do that for me, I'll be lucky if anyone can help with the silly comedy comic.

Last edited:
Here is the early stages of the cover art and the title page for the first issue.

I'm not bad at drawing, when I was younger I used to draw cartoons all the time.

Give me a shout via PM and I might be able to help you.

New Threads

Top Bottom