• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't be shy.... now that's funny.

orphan

Hello, all.
Long story short... I found this place because I need help. Gulp.
I... have trouble inter-acting with this world and want to improve.
Sometimes I act illogically. Just the days ending in "y" though.
Iq is not the problem. Don't know my number although I've taken two tests...
I remember just about everything from the day I was orphaned. At 4.
I learn differently than other people. I thought I was alone... until recently.
The goal is to begin by figuring out what questions to ask.

Uhhh, so thank you for listening and for being here.

images
Hello

Welcome aboard :) this is a friendly and help community!
There a many members and stories/threads that are supportive and helpful. There is also a chat room for real time discussions, population varies.
I hope you enjoy this place and find helpful answers and guidance. Best wishes.
Rocco

IMG_3103.JPG

Wow... thank you all.

Is there a healthy way to cope with... this?

First off welcome to this friendly place. I just joined yesterday but I feel at peace here. I honestly have no knowledge of where to begin either so let's learn together?

Regarding a 'healthy way to cope' everyone is different. I find that writing helps me daily as does looking things up. It depends on what exactly is bothering you as well. Sorry, I can't offer much more insights

Thank you all... warm welcome.
Kouzai it is a deal. Glad to meet you.

What bothers me is... I'm an alien.
Or feel like it. Not really from another planet.
Would like to be accepted. Like here...

A problem I have is being triggered.
I act... antisocial.
Ex: Eating alone in a bar. 50 bikers enter.
Someone bumps me. I go to center.
Start fight with Prez.
True story. Has happened my entire life.
Bikers, gangs, drug dealers, large groups.

I should examine my triggers and figure out how to modify behavior. Stop being "crazy"... but I seem to love with my head, learn with my heart.

Confused.

I can understand that. I used to black out and step away from my body (dissociation) when my emotions (anger, hate, concern etc) became too much. During that time a lot of stuff happened but it was more like I was trapped inside my body and watching from the sidelines.

I could always feel it coming but when I did notice it, it was too late to stop

It's like my emotions are the opposite of people's, in some cases. Not all. My responses, my efforts to "act normal"... effed up. And people get frustrated, offended, hurt, scared... I never could understand why they would react to the stimulus that way. I must be a monster, or a psycho, or any number of insults...

It's like I have to walk on eggshells when out in public. Except when I'm doing a special interest.
Sounds much nicer than obsession. took up golf as a SI. Dealing with people there is still hard, but it kind of forces me to socialize.

New Threads

Top Bottom