• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone play the theremin?

Bolletje

Overly complicated potato
V.I.P Member
As I recently commented on another topic, one of my special interests is music and music instruments. There are a lot of instruments I would like to possess and learn to play. One of the instruments I’m very interested in is the theremin. I like the sound and I think it’s incredibly cool to play a musical instrument just by moving your hands in the air. So I’m curious if any of you guys play it. If so, did you find it hard to learn how to play it? Do you play it regularly?

Yeah, a lot of songs I like use the theremin. I think the Dr Who theme song does as well.

I don't play, but I like the sound :)

The instrument was used in American Horror Stories, Coven. Great series!

An instrument you play by not touching it. First I ever heard of it. Think the inventor Might have been on the spectrum or had a sister that would stick her hand 2 inches from your face while saying "I'm not touching you" just before you slap her in the head and your father pulls the car over and.........anyway, You learn something new every day.

No I don't, although Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang theory does. And the original Star Trek theme used a theremin as well. Wow, my mind is full of trivial facts today, it's scary.

Check on Star Trek. I just read on Wiki it wasn't used, but had a similar sound.

screen-shot-2017-03-15-at-1-15-53-pm.png

It's probably for the best to let it go Jorg. It's one of those arts that's always been dominated by stodgy old fat men anyway.

theramin-alexandra-stepanoff-1930.jpg

Alexandra Stepanoff

theremin-7.jpg

Unknown Turkish artist

AGGREGAT_Dorit_Chrysler_header.jpg

Dorit Chrysler

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom