• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone have a mix of Aspergers and something else?

-Tourettes: very mild, just a tic now and then, sometimes vocal, but not the kind you might think of when you hear 'Tourettes'. Any *****, ****, *****, *****, ***********, ************* and/or **** are entirely intentional and are gladly blamed on my pirate heritage. Arrr!

I have been accused of having tourettes but I think it is only when I am in my ****** garage...laughs

(watch out, strong language ahead!!)
Yeah, Tourettes... it's what stars are made of (judging by the above). :)
I didn't expect that part of the diagnosis, but when she told me, first thing I thought was: mmm, a license to swear. But my vocal tics are rather innocent, stuff like 'yopyopyop', 'meh' and short animal type noises.
I've met people who have full blown Tourettes, and it can be very debilitating. There is a lot more to it than shouting '**** piss cocksucker' while standing in line at the supermarket. Especially the physical tics can limit what a person can do. Just thought I'd point that out for a moment, because it's often misunderstood.
Anyway, it is important to keep a sense of humor about it, and often they have, so let's have a clip... [Language Alert]
(yes, also strong language in the video, so don't click on it if you have sensitive ears)

Last edited:
My latest godsend is the skirmish in the sandbox...it is bringing TBI to attention and more studies are being done about it...the brain damaged are taken for granted as many have all the symptoms but do not have visible damages to look at like myself...it is such a shame that it takes war to learn about TBI...my brain damage is quite like the struggles that stroke victims endure...my short term memory is horrible,but gets cued by my back brain quite well now...I write things down and abuse my electronic device skills for short term work...my brain takes pictures of what I can see and saves the pix to make me remember from my back brain if the front brain skips a beat...the brain is an amazing machine that is very flexible at it's own wiring repair...I came a long way from what my family was told I would become,a drooling lump in a wheelchair that pissed his pants and required a nurse just to live...my family decided to have me removed from life support as they decided that I would not accept what I was to become...they even went and picked out my coffin and made arrangements for my burial...I became semi lucid about three days after I came out of my coma and started asking questions...now I am where I am today and are planning a long future...I actually rode the same Harley I wrecked on just short of two years after my accident and have plans to finish my racecar to drive at the Bonneville Salt Flats speed week in a few more years...I quit listening to negativity and preach positivity when I advocate for my TBI peers...we can't play by the rules of the regular game,but we can still play the game and excel at it if we try...I define myself as an extroverted introvert,self taught...AS people can overcome obstacles when pushed...isn't that want being an Aspey is about?
Yeah, Tourettes... it's what stars are made of (judging by the above). :)
I didn't expect that part of the diagnosis, but when she told me, first thing I thought was: mmm, a license to swear. But my vocal tics are rather innocent, stuff like 'yopyopyop', 'meh' and short animal type noises.
I've met people who have full blown Tourettes, and it can be very debilitating. There is a lot more to it than shouting '**** piss cocksucker' while standing in line at the supermarket. Especially the physical tics can limit what a person can do. Just thought I'd point that out for a moment, because it's often misunderstood.
Anyway, it is important to keep a sense of humor about it, and often they have, so let's have a clip...
laughs...my favorite

Last edited:
You are descended from pirates?! Cool. I have a little pirate blood in me, but I'm more of a ninja.
Yopyopyop. It's 16th, 17th century stuff, so I don't really have anything to do with it, but still, I really liked finding that out. They were basically mercenaries in service of the Spanish king and later on the French, wreaking havoc on English and Dutch shipping, although they'd switch sides every now and then. One of them was supposedly responsible for sinking more than 300 ships. Once we set our minds to something, that aspiefocus kicks in. :) Anyway, that's just some family history.
The creeping around silently, walking on our toes might be a plus for ninja's, but then there's the clumsiness...

My latest godsend is the skirmish in the sandbox...it is bringing TBI to attention and more studies are being done about it...the brain damaged are taken for granted as many have all the symptoms but do not have visible damages to look at like myself...it is such a shame that it takes war to learn about TBI...my brain damage is quite like the struggles that stroke victims endure...my short term memory is horrible,but gets cued by my back brain quite well now...I write things down and abuse my electronic device skills for short term work...my brain takes pictures of what I can see and saves the pix to make me remember from my back brain if the front brain skips a beat...the brain is an amazing machine that is very flexible at it's own wiring repair...I came a long way from what my family was told I would become,a drooling lump in a wheelchair that pissed his pants and required a nurse just to live...my family decided to have me removed from life support as they decided that I would not accept what I was to become...they even went and picked out my coffin and made arrangements for my burial...I became semi lucid about three days after I came out of my coma and started asking questions...now I am where I am today and are planning a long future...I actually rode the same Harley I wrecked on just short of two years after my accident and have plans to finish my racecar to drive at the Bonneville Salt Flats speed week in a few more years...I quit listening to negativity and preach positivity when I advocate for my TBI peers...we can't play by the rules of the regular game,but we can still play the game and excel at it if we try...I define myself as an extroverted introvert,self taught...AS people can overcome obstacles when pushed...isn't that want being an Aspey is about?

laughs...my favorite

A friend of mine in high school had to be treated for a brain tumor, and suffered brain damage from it. He basically had to learn to read and write all over again, lost all knowledge of it, and it greatly affected other motor skills. And he did, his brain adapted, other parts took over. It was quite amazing to see.
It must have been a great feeling when you finally rode that Harley again. Keep going. I'm finding out too that as an aspie, the regular rules don't apply. I've wasted quite a few years listening to advice intended for NT's and it would only make me more miserable. We all have to look at our own strengths and weaknesses, and make it work. There's is no 'right way' of doing things, this is life, and it's different for every one of us.

And another tourette's clip. "The inaugural Tourette's Lifelong Care board meeting is a torrid affair..."
I can't help but see the hilarity of it, but I don't mean to mock. Those 'glassblowing bastards' - the creativity! - are welcome at my campsite anytime (if I'd had a campsite).

Edit 2: I'd like to point out for a moment that it's part due to the irrational fear of or sensitivity to simple words that makes these good people have to search for some forsaken campsite to be able to have a holiday without being chased away. Sorry wyv, I know you're just doing what you're supposed to do.

Last edited:
Heya,

Very interesting to read all the previous posts, especially as ASD seems to have been diagnosed after a lot of other things for most of you guys.
I was hospitalised with Anorexia/ Bulimia and severe depression and was only diagnosed 2 years after being let out. A few of the girls I was in with had ASD which really magnified their problems with eating and the anxiety surrounding it.

MSK x

Mild Aspergers + Dyspraxia + mild ADHD + depression + comfort eating (yes I am very overweight if you are interested)
the truth of the matter is that you have entered the most non-judging arena you might possibly ever find...those that judge people from outward appearances are the ones that will lose here and will most likely be ignored in masses...we are all "different" here and that makes us special in our individual ways

I was once told during an argument..."you ARE something else!"
I admit this made me laugh...which probably made matters worse.
During that moment in time, I felt the hyprocrisy was rife.

Stacey...some people's kids need to stay on chains...now that wasn't very nice of me to say,but I did

While I've greatly enjoyed all these Tourette's videos, it might be a good idea for the poster to mention if a video has strong language, per our policy on excessive cursing.

Yep! I have 21 diagnosis. Some are Aspie, Dysgraphia, ADD, hyper insomnia, slightly nearsighted, Vaso Vagal Syncope, insomnia, handicapped, a Cancer survivor, and so on.

Loomis, I need to go to bed soon. So, I can't explain it right now. But, ADD and ADHD are not, nor should they be on the spectrum. But, I totally see where your coming from.

[QUOTE"gonzerd, post: 125648, member: 121"]A friend of mine in high school had to be treated for a brain tumor, and suffered brain damage from it. He basically had to learn to read and write all over again, lost all knowledge of it, and it greatly affected other motor skills. And he did, his brain adapted, other parts took over. It was quite amazing to see.
It must have been a great feeling when you finally rode that Harley again. Keep going. I'm finding out too that as an aspie, the regular rules don't apply. I've wasted quite a few years listening to advice intended for NT's and it would only make me more miserable. We all have to look at our own strengths and weaknesses, and make it work. There's is no 'right way' of doing things, this is life, and it's different for every one of us.

And another tourette's clip. "The inaugural Tourette's Lifelong Care board meeting is a torrid affair..."
I can't help but see the hilarity of it, but I don't mean to mock. Those 'glassblowing bastards' - the creativity! - are welcome at my campsite anytime (if I'd had a campsite).

Edit 2: I'd like to point out for a moment that it's part due to the irrational fear of or sensitivity to simple words that makes these good people have to search for some forsaken campsite to be able to have a holiday without being chased away. Sorry wyv, I know you're just doing what you're supposed to do.[/QUOTE]

This is quite comical until it gets serious, at which point I really feel for them.

It makes me wonder what the conversation would be with a few beers around the campfire.

Just read 'On the Road' this year. Thumbs up.

I pulling my vid down was to appease any offense to what I posted...I saw no problem doing it,after all we are an all ages group and even adults may not want to hear that stuff...it was easier to delete them than just post a warning...sorry wyv,my bad

I pulling my vid down was to appease any offense to what I posted...I saw no problem doing it,after all we are an all ages group and even adults may not want to hear that stuff...it was easier to delete them than just post a warning...sorry wyv,my bad
No harm done! :) I just meant it as a friendly reminder. Had you asked, I would have edited your posts for you.

New Threads

Top Bottom