• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else crave deep pressure?

@wombat
Could you describe what that means or possibly provide a link? I don’t know if it means some sort of therapy thing, getting a hug from someone, or more like acupressure. Could you say a little more if you don’t mind?

@wombat
Could you describe what that means or possibly provide a link? I don’t know if it means some sort of therapy thing, getting a hug from someone, or more like acupressure. Could you say a little more if you don’t mind?
No problem, I should've clarified! It's not any kind of "official" therapy... I just wear a compression vest for 20-30 minutes at the end of the day, or when I'm overwhelmed, and that helps me relax.

Okay, just get shiatsu, talk about intense pressure. But it is so satisfying. Warm stone massage feels great when you are in LA, l have yet to find it elsewhere, however shiatsu is all about pressure.

No problem, I should've clarified! It's not any kind of "official" therapy... I just wear a compression vest for 20-30 minutes at the end of the day, or when I'm overwhelmed, and that helps me relax.
Sounds nice, actually. A vest seems like a good balance between constriction and freedom of movement.

soft touch, kind of medium pressure at most. i dislike hard, knuckly massages. i went to one of those 10 dollar massage parlors once. oh my gosh! the lady jabbed her fingers into my lower back with all her weight, and i just about lept off the table. it was brutal. i literally limped out of there.

A lot of people love weighted blankets. OTOH, I'd prefer the right temperature and no blanket at all. Being compressed would cause anxiety. Everyone is different. No one right answer.

"
sea_dragon_by_snowifer_de561uj-pre.jpg

"Tyler's always calling me into his room when he's under his weighted blanket, or when he's meditating with his little hypnotherapy audio. Of course, I do my own hypnotherapy with him, it's probably one of the most effective treatments for his anxiety, especially when I let him relax while I'm curled around him. I honestly think it does a whole lot to help."

When i was a kid, i often told my mother 'aplastame' or 'crush me' i really enjoyed feeling pressure down in my back against the bed, i still enjoy it i think, but i don't have anyone to do it.

I love deep pressure.
I get deep tissue massage as well as Swedish or Hot Stone.
I sleep with one or two 20 lb weighted blankets.
I'd like to steal the weighted vest from my dentist.

I have issues with light touch.

I love deep pressure.
I get deep tissue massage as well as Swedish or Hot Stone.
I sleep with one or two 20 lb weighted blankets.
I'd like to steal the weighted vest from my dentist.

I have issues with light touch.
I wonder how many people with autism just write it off as being a bit ticklish. I have a major problem with light touch. Wayyyyyyy too much input. A good strong hug is nice. Sadly before I got diagnosed my daughter caught me cringing before a hug as I tried to prepare myself for the overload. I didn't know but she took it personally.

Firm pressure as providing comfort is a topic that has been raised in several memoirs, e.g.

and

In the latter, Grandin, if I recall correctly, mentions building a "squeeze machine".

I've been using deep pressure therapy to relieve stress and it really helps, curious if deep pressure helps others on the spectrum.
I think massaging pressure points is really good for some pain and relaxation probably some massage is really good, also could help with stress
If you like oils and could stand someone s hands on you or if not even a partners hands.

I think massaging pressure points is really good for some pain and relaxation probably some massage is really good, also could help with stress
If you like oils and could stand someone s hands on you or if not even a partners hands.

Honestly, I don't mind being touched as long as it's not in an aggressive way, from 5 yrs old onwards I've always loved and welcomed the sensation ftom being held or hugged. The only thing about it is I'm more comfortable receiving affection from a female rather than another male.

Honestly, I don't mind being touched as long as it's not in an aggressive way, from 5 yrs old onwards I've always loved and welcomed the sensation ftom being held or hugged. The only thing about it is I'm more comfortable receiving affection from a female rather than another male.
For me, I think I love hugs too. I often love hugs from women too I think but I have never had women who get me.
Sometimes its a long more tender but also I like hugs from my brother and dad. They are warm and loving but I am never all over the men in my life like some girls. I just hug them but it still feels nice.

When I'm stressed I give myself a deep tissue scalp massage. It feels like I'm waking up my whole mind. I thought everyone would like this, but once again, it's another thing that isn't neurotypical, le sigh...

New Threads

Top Bottom