• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anybody else pace around in circles?

anthoskate

There is a table in the middle of my kitchen and I sometimes find myself walking around it while I am thinking about stuff. I don't even realize that I am doing it.

I'm just wondering if anybody else does this or something similar and how does it make you feel. I feel very happy while I am doing it.

I'm just glad that knowbody has ever seen me doing this because I sometimes talk to myself while I am walking around in circles, and I would probably freak out if I saw somebody else doing that.

One thing that's consistent about my stims is that I do them without even noticing...whether pacing or rocking back and forth. Nowadays I chuckle to myself when I catch myself doing it. :p

I pace back and forth.....just like a judge.

Yeah, I do that also but very rarely. I thought it had something to do with hyperactivity.

Do you like going in circles? Like when you're driving for example?

Oddly enough, I only like the feeling when I am zoned out. When I'm driving and I miss a turn in a roundabout it makes me a little sick and disorientated.

Yeah, I do it all the time.
Another thing I do is apparently 'dance around' when I'm listening to music through my headphones.

Yes, I pace a lot. I do it a lot when I'm anxious, too. I often feel the urge to get up from my desk, pace and sit down again. I often run from one side of the room to the other rather than pace.

I pace a lot. Which leads to walking in circles or the same pattern over and over. I do it while thinking, anxious, or waiting on people. Cause I can't wait patiently. And then if they are late, I go into extreme pace mode with some of my hand motion stims.

Yep, and I've done it pretty much all my life. :)

It tends to happen when I start daydreaming, and my daydreams are usually awesome scenes I've seen in movies or games I've played. :p
And I daydream about that stuff quite a lot. I suppose that's why, when I go to english class, and it's time to write up a story, I've never needed much time to think of a story to write, since so many ideas flood my brains pretty much all the time. :p So there's a good thing that comes out of my pacing/daydreaming I suppose. :)

Yes, I pace, both back and forth and in circles. When I pace in circles, it's usually counter-clockwise. I'm not too sure why, but it's something that I recently noticed.

It's amazing how much better pacing makes me feel! I favor the figure 8/infinity pattern of pacing. I do this when I am excited/happy or very anxious. Whee!

Yes, I pace a lot. I do it a lot when I'm anxious, too. I often feel the urge to get up from my desk, pace and sit down again. I often run from one side of the room to the other rather than pace.

I pace/dash from end to end in a room, usually to music. I've been told that's about hyperactivity, not aspiedom. I noticed that when I took meds for hyperactivity, the behavior is a lot less frequent, and less intense even when it happens.

Yep, and I've done it pretty much all my life. :)

It tends to happen when I start daydreaming, and my daydreams are usually awesome scenes I've seen in movies or games I've played. :p
And I daydream about that stuff quite a lot. I suppose that's why, when I go to english class, and it's time to write up a story, I've never needed much time to think of a story to write, since so many ideas flood my brains pretty much all the time. :p So there's a good thing that comes out of my pacing/daydreaming I suppose. :)

That sounds really cool :). I would be there 4 hours without having anything written down because of my bad imagination (I don't think that it's bad, It just doesn't know where to start).

Yes, I pace, both back and forth and in circles. When I pace in circles, it's usually counter-clockwise. I'm not too sure why, but it's something that I recently noticed.

I go both clockwise and counter-clockwise. I think that it depends where I am going in the first place.

I pace and giggle. Sometimes I even think the ends of my thoughts aloud. I try to suppress it because I don't want to do it somewhere important and get caught lol!

i pace around in icosikaienneagons. it is quite unnerving because i have to pay careful attention to not miss a turn.

I tend to sort of pace back and forth when I'm talking on the phone with people. Talking on the phone makes me nervous, so I think the pacing serves as an anxiety reliever for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom