• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you wear a beard?

Do you wear a wonderful and proud beard?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Start trimming it with a mustache trimmer. It won't get as close, but you wont break out and itll save you a ton of money since you wont have to buy razor refills.
Sometimes I do. Unfortunitely, it's not always an acceptable look. Nor does my wife appreciate short stubble.

Last edited:
I've always been curious, does anyone know what they used to use as the original shaving cream?

Lard. Not recommended anymore for obvious reasons, since if you cut yourself and the fat gets in the cut and is full of bacteria, well you get the idea. Later on they made shaving soaps, you work them into a lather with water, less bacterial contamination risk, not that anyone knew that, they just noticed that if you got cuts you did not get all infected and dead like you did slathering rendered animal fat on your face and shaving.

People have likely been shaving since the discovery of the earliest sharp tools, like splintered flint rocks napped to have a decent edge. Of course human hair is tough enough that even special hardened razor sharp steel still goes dull quickly running across stubble.

Lard. Not recommended anymore for obvious reasons, since if you cut yourself and the fat gets in the cut and is full of bacteria, well you get the idea. Later on they made shaving soaps, you work them into a lather with water, less bacterial contamination risk, not that anyone knew that, they just noticed that if you got cuts you did not get all infected and dead like you did slathering rendered animal fat on your face and shaving.

People have likely been shaving since the discovery of the earliest sharp tools, like splintered flint rocks napped to have a decent edge. Of course human hair is tough enough that even special hardened razor sharp steel still goes dull quickly running across stubble.
And the hair on women's legs had no equal, according to some comedians I love to watch. I had heard once that improper drying was the cause of dullness. Haven't tested it or further researched it yet. Have you heard something like that before?

I'm just too lazy to shave.

It was best put by a friend of mine "You look alright with facial hair; I don't".

I have a neckbeard does that count? :D

It's edging ever closer to a real beard though. I've recently started to spout hairs on my cheeks and they fill in more and more each week. Hopefully by next year, I'll have a beard to proud of.

People have likely been shaving since the discovery of the earliest sharp tools

My guess is that men have been shaving since women started hitting them after the first man shaved and stubble rash didn't happen!
His mate must have been made up!
I bet that was the quickest bit of gossip that got around since soap.

I've just decided to hang it all out there and sprout some stubble - 5 days in.. bristly and itchy!
I may well erase it upon the morrows ablute but, for now it's a rail against the last suitess - she who showed preference for a smooth-shaven comportment, yet ultimately.. ghosted..

Just got rid of mine... damn i look younger, which is good as i'm 41 on Saturday. I did enjoy having one... but argh 41 lol.

I'm female, so no facial hair, apart from eyebrows and eyelashes. On the one hand, I'm quite glad I don't have a beard to shave, because of the regular maintainance it would need to keep it in check. On the other hand, it seems an effective way of changing one's appearance, that it is possible to maintain, without the cost associated with a hair cut or make-up, so I have a little bit of beard-envy.

I currently have a beard growing on my face. What often happens is I can't manage to fit shaving into my routine and then it gets out of control and shaving seems like too much of a chore.

So I have grown a beard, and people keep calling me Jesus.

I have only grown a beard once, in the winter of 1981. At the time, my oldest son was a year old. In the spring, I shaved it off and after that he would not have anything to do with me for about a week. That was fairly upsetting and I have not grown a beard since. Now, he has a really big beard.

New Threads

Top Bottom