• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you talk to your parents much?

I talk to my parents all the time. I still live at home with them and my dad and I mostly talk about random stuff, books, art etc and he tells me what he's interested in at the moment and I him, and my mum and I get on well but have very hot tempers, so it can blow up in a second. I have lots of in jokes with my mum. I think compared to most families we're really close because they know all about me and stuff, in fact I was much more private when I was little (they still complain that I don't spend enough time with them and they're overprotective), but I'm not that, that close to them...I don't know. We do talk a lot, but not seriously, about feelings and things, although my mum would like me to confide in her. Just topics and things. The thing is, I'll talk about an interest, and my dad will always know more than me because he's read so much. My mum has too, but I don't talk about books so much with her. With my dad I just end up getting impatient so I don't have really in depth conversations about important stuff and books with him, especially since he's pretty Conservative and I'm not so much.

The thing is that I'm an average teenager with Aspergers, and they know pretty much what being a teenager is like and maybe not so much about the Aspergers, but they have a pretty good idea of me.

i talk to both of my parents a lot, i was raised to tell them everything and i do. my mom often gets tired of me talking all of the time about everything

I don't talk to my parents often and when I do it's usually small talk. I get along with them alright, it's just we're in different worlds as they are either working or doing housework and I am nearly always in my bedroom doing my own thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom